Short in window motor

PuppyDawg

Nov 20, 2003
Boston,MA
On my lunch break i rolled down the windows and then (both windows) just stopped working...my quick assumption is that the window motor wires must have sliced from the motor/moving action (short)..i took the door panel off and just moved the wire from the motor a bit, replaced the fuse and i was on my way...now i plan on re-routing the window motor wires due to this obstacle....has anybody done this? or ran into something like this? common problem for our stangs?

• Sponsors (?)

i think you should have a fuse on the windows - not a meltable fuse.

just FYI (in case someone removed the CB).

HISSIN50 said:

yup you're right....but it was extremely hot as well due to the short, and the power windows weren't functioning....i quick fixed the problem for temporary use until i find time to re-route the wires, or fix it...but just curious if this has happened to anybody else...

HISSIN50 said:

Oops, sounds like you knew what i meant - i meant to say you should have a circuit breaker on the circuit - not a meltable fuse. (i wanted to correct myself for future searchers on this topic). :)

i dont have anything to add - but thanks for the info. ill file it away for when the time comes.