Should A1990 5.0 Have A Clutch Cable Clip

I am fixing a friends 1990 5.0 and I noticed that the clutch cable is sitting in the hole on the tranni housing on two washers. There isn't a clip on the other side of the housing to hold the cable in the hole. If I pull fwd on the the cable hard enough I can pull the cable out of the tranni housing? I was thinking the cable is worn and might not hold in the hole so washers were used but that spacing would not allow for the clip to be reused? Does this seem correct? Should the cable stivk through the housing and be clipped?

Also something that was odd to me is a large ground cable bolted to the fwd left hand k-member bolt in the engine bay. It is bolted to the frame (k-member) and nothing else? Is this and engine ground? What should it be bolted to on the engine?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I am fixing a friends 1990 5.0 and I noticed that the clutch cable is sitting in the hole on the tranni housing on two washers. There isn't a clip on the other side of the housing to hold the cable in the hole. If I pull fwd on the the cable hard enough I can pull the cable out of the tranni housing? I was thinking the cable is worn and might not hold in the hole so washers were used but that spacing would not allow for the clip to be reused? Does this seem correct? Should the cable stivk through the housing and be clipped?

Also something that was odd to me is a large ground cable bolted to the fwd left hand k-member bolt in the engine bay. It is bolted to the frame (k-member) and nothing else? Is this and engine ground? What should it be bolted to on the engine?

Thanks
Mine doesnt have a clip and ive never had a problem but I dont know if thats right or not :shrug: