Should I Buy Her Back? What Is She Worth Now? 2000 Blown Gt Vert

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Hey guys! I'll try to make this quick: I sold my car 2 years ago after owning her for 9 years (due to my first baby being on the way and money being tight). Two owner car; First owner put on 9k. I put on 75k. I put over $25,000+

I would reach out to the new owner every 6 months or so and check up on her like she was a child at camp. Two weeks ago I reached out to find out the poor guy is going through a divorce and has been debating selling her. Low and behold he'd love to sell her back to me to get her to a good home. He's since put ~$4,000 into her (maintenance, aesthetics, etc.) but is willing to sell her back to me for a little less that I sold her for. He put on ~6k miles.

List that he did:
New tune (Craig @ Radical Racing)
New rear brakes
Front tires
"Intake Upgrade" (wtf?)
EGR valve & tube (??)
High flow cats + Flowmaster Super 44 Catback (She had a sick Mac exhaust...)
New headlights, taillights and brake cover
New Power Pipe (had a 4" power pipe on there already...idk why he did this)
Fixed an oil leak at the pan
New rear shock tower bar

This is her today:
oU4bp4f.png

jkbMq9K.jpg

Engine:
Vortech V-2 SQ
4" Boost Pipe
Accufab plenum and throttle body
42# fuel injectors
Focus Fuel Pump
MRT-H Midpipe
MAC Flowpath Catback
3.73 Gears
King Cobra Clutch
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant & Adjustable Firewall

Brakes:

Front Cobra 13" upgrade kit
Cyro-Stop front Rotors, Slotted in Rear
OEM Motorcraft Pads around

Stance:
Eibach Pro springs w/Polyurethane isolators
Koni Struts/Shocks (Adjustable fronts)
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframes
Tubular Lower Control Arms
Tubular Upper Control Arms

Rims:
18" Saleen replica rims w/Sumitomo HTRZ III up front (put on @ 58,000) and out back (put on at 65,000)
17" Chrome Bullitt rims with Blizzaks (rims are in terrible shape. Used strictly in the winter)
1" spacers for winter setup

Exterior:
4300k HIDs
Canvas convertible top
'03 Cobra Hood
'03 Cobra Front bumper w/fogs & chin spoiler
'03 Cobra side skirts
Painted mirrors
Spoiler Moved back 2"
20% tint on sides
Smoked Taillight TintSequential taillights
Shaved driver side lock
01-04 GT Side Scoops

Interior:
MGW (Red handle) Shifter
MGW pistol grib shift knob
Bullit pedals
Raptor shiftlight (custom installed inside of vent)

Attachments

• cFzzJKx.jpg
    cFzzJKx.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Wonder why the retune. Has the car been giving him problems? Wonder why he's replaced things that you said it already had or did not require...kinda suspicious

I don't know what he asking for it or how much you love the car. I would weigh that cost against the price of building a new one (its fun to start on a new canvas, I would still love to build a Mach) or buying a newer model (Coyotes go like crazy right out of the box).

LOL nice ride but you have nothing anywhere near 25k in that car

Thanks for your incredible contribution to my question. Also, you're actually right. It's probably more like $22,000-$24,999. Not $25,000.

I simply can't let you get away with your troll post in an attempt to demean my post. So let's have some fun, shall we?

MPH Mongoose Vortech kit + install: $4,000
Cobra hood/front bumper/skirts/scoops/painted mirrors parts + paint: $2,500
Bilsteins + springs all around + install: $1,300
Konis all around + install: $500
Bassani X-Pipe: $350 (removed for MRT-H)
MRT-H + Mac Catback + install: $1,200
Rims + KDW2s $2,300
Custom tune by Kevin Hand + dyno time: $1,400
Canvas ragtop: $1,500
Pioneer DVD headunit, radar, dual Guage pod + Autometer guages: $850 (stolen from me)
3.73 + install: $800
new tail lights/front lights/sequentials: $400
Cobra brakes + install: $500
Accufab TB/P + install: $500
MGW red + install: $350

Then go ahead and add in all the "small" things that are like $200-300 here and there + install.
17" rims + blizzaks for winter: $750
Amp + Subwoofer: $300
tint: $250
Mach1 painted chin (gone): $250
Raptor shift light: $100
Mach1 delete: $65

Add on top of this 10 years of maintenance (tires, oil, batteries, plugs, filters, etc.) and you're easily in the $22k+ range.
LOL

You made any determinations yet. Just curious because I remember the car from when you were more active on this forum. I also wonder what i would do if my old car came available down the road and I had the money. Of course, I stripped mine down to nearly stock before I sold it. Still wonder about my old car sometimes...kid probably wrecked it or something. :thinking:

You made any determinations yet. Just curious because I remember the car from when you were more active on this forum. I also wonder what i would do if my old car came available down the road and I had the money. Of course, I stripped mine down to nearly stock before I sold it. Still wonder about my old car sometimes...kid probably wrecked it or something. :thinking:

He's supposed to be bringing her by Saturday but I haven't heard from him in 2 days. Very strange.... I do remember you from the good old days too bro

Answer this honestly; what would you think would be your pricetag if you were in the market buying?
I am by no means an expert and as always, different areas have different prices. It looks nice and i'd probably see one of those listed around in my area for around 14k. But that has low miles and is super clean. I'm not into verts but it looks sweet!