Should I Buy This Terminator, Or Run?

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
Just sold my fox, and want something a little more reliable and less temperamental. I've always dreamed of owning a terminator, but I only want to drop around 12K out of pocket cash. So i figured I would get a mach 1 and be happy enough, until my kids go to school and then I buy a gt350 or something. Regardless, there's an 04 cobra with 115K on it for about what I can swing. Should I scoop it up? Orshould I just run? What should I be looking for?

• Sponsors (?)

That is a damn good price and miles are not too high. Definitely check it out thoroughly, I am not aware of any particular areas(maybe OP will).

That price would normally reflect a salvage titled terminator and mileage isn't too bad. I'd give it a look over and if there's no head ticket and extreme wear or anything pick her up

That price would normally reflect a salvage titled terminator and mileage isn't too bad. I'd give it a look over and if there's no head ticket and extreme wear or anything pick her up

So carfax is clean. I paid to have a cheap inspection done on the car. A 3rd party looked it over, took photos, sent them to me, and inspected it. It seems to be solid. Nothing stood out except for obvious things. Driver seat is worn. Front bumper is chipped pretty good. Ground effects chipped. And a spot on the door is chipping as well. But no paint lines were found so it appears to be original paint. There is a build plaque Inside the car, it says the owners name was James ball. The car was originally in CA for 12 years and then it's been in colorado, which it currently resides. I may have to pull the trigget..Does anyone know a guy named James ball who owned a 2004 metallic silver cobra in CA/CO?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm very close to. I'm reluctant because I have not seen it in person, but sounds l ike it can be mine for 12,500 total. I found the James ball seller on Instagram and spoke to him. He had it from around 70k-100k and said it was a dream. Only had a throwout bearing issue he fixed and put in a new clutch. So the only question mark was the last 2.5 years there was 3 owners who only put a total of 10k miles on it. I don't know man. It's risky but at the price, I feel like I couo d damn near part it out for that if I had to.
Being in Ca for 12 years is good(I hate rust), hopefully no salt where its been in CO.
Have you bought it yet?

Once you drive it( got to drive one for a few months, intoxicating!) you will be hooked. Nothing ventured nothing gained. No guarantees but then death and taxes are the only real guarantees.

Reactions: 1 user
For 12.5k I'd say even if the car isn't as pristine as you think it is. You'll still get plenty of time with it and still be able to recoup your money if you wanted.