Should I Get Rocker Stripes?

Johnoto

Mar 10, 2014
Now that the s550s are coming and many sn95s are dying a painful death at the hands of those who don't take care of their cars (teens, girls and couples in their 30s trying to be cool) - they are setting their eyes towards the s197s.... I gotta make mine stand out from them. (it's literally a gem, less than 20k miles early s197 GT Premium Edition fully loaded) while they just grab a 100k mile base v6 for 7k$ and say they got what I got :/

I want to keep a clean look (not overdone) but still make it stand out from being just 'another mustang'.

So far I got the short antenna, sequential tail lights, and I just installed a rear deck panel few days ago.

I ordered a set of AMR black machined 18s which should be here this Friday or next Monday/Tuesday.

I don't want to get any louvers or scoops (i think the quarter louvers look bad on early s197 but look awesome on new s197, and rear louvers look best on the 70s stangs) - I want to keep my stock hood...and I don't plan to lower as I live in a town with AWFUl roads filled with potholes and stuff.
What else do you guys recommend?

I was thinking as a Final mod, just to get some matte black rocker stripes (not the ones that say mustang) just some plane black rocker stripes on the side, are you a fan of rocker stripes? would it look better or worse?

here's what i got atm:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Lercin/IMG_20140307_125906_zps02181d05.jpg

when I compare my stang with and without rocker stripes, it looks like something is missing when I don't have them - usually im not a fan of stickers and etc, (Ie: im not a fan of windshield stickers that say AMERICAN MUSCLE or MUSTANG because i feel like it makes ur car look like an advertisement car rather than a muscle car)

• Sponsors (?)