should I get this suspension stuff

Marks89GT

May 8, 2011
Dudley MA
Ive been looking through craigslist pretty much daily for parts and i came across some suspension stuff. is this stuff i deff shouldn't buy used or what. give me some info. heres the craigslist ad.

87-93 foxbody parts go fast stuff

heres the pic he sent me

sus.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my stuff used on e-bay but it was NIB or barely used, I wouldnt mess with used shocks and struts, if the LCA's and UCA's are in good shape (not warped or bent, no cracks and no fresh paint to hide cracks) they are probably alright. CC plates are cheep enough that i wouldnt buy them used either, same with springs. just remember, there's a reason they are not on that car anymore - your getting what you pay for.

Id be more interested in those recaro seats

Yea that's a gamble. Definitely wouldn't buy used shocks/struts. How much is he asking? I would go for the upper/lower control arms and CC plates if the price is right. New springs are cheap, I would be really upset to put them on to find out they are old and sagging.

And as stated above make sure the control arms aren't' bent. IF they look OK then a good coat of paint or powder coating would make them look new. But a new set of J&M upper/lowers aren't that expensive either. If it were ME, I'd save up and get new stuff. that's what I did.