Should I Lower My Car? Thinking about B Springs.

ReefBlueHatch

Jan 12, 2010
Central KY
I have some Strange shocks/struts on the way and I have been debating about installing lowering springs while I'm there. I sometimes think the height of my car looks OK, but sometimes It seems to have squat at the rear. I don't want a low look and to be scraping into parking lots, but I thought stiffer springs would be better handling. So I'm thinking about FRPP B springs, but I couldn't find much info on ride quality because I want my car to take the bumps nice and smooth.

Any suggestions would be great because I don't know too much about chassis stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

had b springs on my fox and loved them. ride was better than stock.
BoatandCars018.jpg

BoatandCars023.jpg

Mustang023.jpg

Mustang002.jpg

I have steeda sports and they settled in a bit lower than i thought but im happy with them none the less. The ride isnt what i would call harsh but you know when you go over something.

I think springs are a must for a fox body, nothing worse than the stock 4x4 stance. I put a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs on mine and it was probably the best exterior mod I ever did. 17x9's all around and no rubbing (unless there are people in the back seat.)

1000463hk1.jpg

I have the FRPP progressive rate springs (which I believe are the "B" springs) and the adjustable Strange shocks/struts. I can tell you that if you set the shocks/struts to their "street" or "auto-x" settings (higher number on the knobs) the car is rigid and bouncy as hell. I drive with them set to the "drag" settings (number 2 or 3 on the knobs, I think), and the ride is much smoother.

Aside from that, I like the stance, and the car handles well, but I also have some other suspension work done.

spend the extra money and get H&R sport springs, or maximum motorsports road and track springs, and cc plates. i had b springs before, they didnt ride so great to me. but i did have stock shocks/struts. i hate the rake that b springs give you. now my car has bilstein hd's and maximum road and track springs. i love it.

I have the FRPP progressive rate springs (which I believe are the "B" springs) and the adjustable Strange shocks/struts. I can tell you that if you set the shocks/struts to their "street" or "auto-x" settings (higher number on the knobs) the car is rigid and bouncy as hell. I drive with them set to the "drag" settings (number 2 or 3 on the knobs, I think), and the ride is much smoother.

Aside from that, I like the stance, and the car handles well, but I also have some other suspension work done.

I like the stance of your car. I just hope my car rides a lot better than it does now with the stock stuff. What other suspension mods do you have? When I do the springs/shocks/struts I'd like to do MM or Steeda full length SFCs.