Fox Should I/would you still use single after market gauges?

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
Well my original plan was to use/install after market Oil pressure gauge (non-electric with SS line) non-electric water and volt gauge since the factory ones were not 100% accurate ect..
So I bought all the stuff, drilled the holes before painting the engine bay, ect just have to install once I get interior back in, but now, I ended up buying a Dakota gauge cluster, which comes with the senders for oil and water... and would (I would hope) be pretty much as accurate as the aftermarket non-elec ones I bought...
so now to me it would seem dumb to now install/use the non-electric gauges I bought. Am I right or would you guys still install/use them? That's the problem buying parts over 6-7 years.. sometimes you end up going different direction...

• Sponsors (?)

No need for them. I wouldn't put them in. Put some grommets in the holes and ride with a clean interior.

Good thing is they are universal so shouldn't be hard to sell to get some money back.

Thanks that's what I was figuring, getting the Dakota dash was a last minute thing, got back more then I thought in taxes, so my half (me and old lady split it... lol) so I ordered that and my PIMPXS... I also like I don't need the speedo cable anymore so something else I can get rid off... of course I have a new one of those too in my parts pile in the basement... lol
going to have to figure out all the new extra parts I'm going have and sell and try to recoup some funds...

Reactions: 1 users
Smart idea on the PIMPXS as the Megasquirt systems in my cars have been awesome. Since you are getting that you have more options to yourself in dashes like going with a digital dash as well which then can have unlimited options to gauges, layouts or background.

Reactions: 1 user
Smart idea on the PIMPXS as the Megasquirt systems in my cars have been awesome. Since you are getting that you have more options to yourself in dashes like going with a digital dash as well which then can have unlimited options to gauges, layouts or background.
yeah, I was looking at the digital one, but I just wanted the normal analog type looking gauges the were close to stock & stock layout anyway... and I have no plan/desire to use it for tuning.. I rather just use the laptop when needed... Don't get me wrong the digital was a nice product with a ton of features, but not what I need/want for my application...

Reactions: 1 user