Fox Should it be tough to turn tires manually?

• Sponsors (?)

Drums? Take off the wheel, drum slides off, sometimes you have to back off the adjuster, there's a rubber plug on the backing plate at the bottom, them you can see if the shoes need replacing and I would suggest replacing the brake hardware too, lots of youtube videos that show you how,
if your going to be working on this car yourself, and I encourage you to do so, you need to get a quality repair manual.

Drums? Take off the wheel, drum slides off, sometimes you have to back off the adjuster, there's a rubber plug on the backing plate at the bottom, them you can see if the shoes need replacing and I would suggest replacing the brake hardware too, lots of youtube videos that show you how,
if your going to be working on this car yourself, and I encourage you to do so, you need to get a quality repair manual.

Ok, I'll go check that out. I'm chasing down a vibration and hopefully it's this.

Get those brakes working properly and then we can address the vibration, doubt the brakes dragging would cause a vibration but it is possible. Do you feel the vibration all the time, only at certain speeds? Feel it in the steering wheel or when you have your hand on the shifter?

Get those brakes working properly and then we can address the vibration, doubt the brakes dragging would cause a vibration but it is possible. Do you feel the vibration all the time, only at certain speeds? Feel it in the steering wheel or when you have your hand on the shifter?

I feel vibration pretty much from 1000-3000 rpm. Mostly in the shifter. I plan on getting an aluminum driveshaft and a new trans crossmember. When I turn the passenger rear wheel manually while it's in the air it feels like the drum brake is tight or something, it's even sounding like metal on metal. I'm going to try and take it apart like you said.

Reactions: 1 user