Show me your battery cut off set ups.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I need to have a batter cut off switch due to the battery being in the trunk in order to pass tech at the track. I just want to see some of your guys setups and where you mounted your switch's.

Thanks

Redline.

• Sponsors (?)

Dsc09693.jpg

Dan-

I really like that set up b/c its clean and is hidden when not at the track. Can you post some pics from the inside or post what kit you got in order for that install?

Also how is the wire from the switch wired through the trunk to the battery? Do you have any pics of that?

Just making sure your reason of "it sticks out to far" for your car shows is not a concern. :nice:

I'm looking at this route because:

1. My car is a street car. I don't want people turning my power off all the time. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an alarm on the car.
2. I don't want to put a switch in the trunk lid/license plate area as I don't want an extra wire loom going up to the trunk when it's open.
3. A small 1/4 hole that I can put a red plug into the lens will be hard to notice on a red car.

if you dont want to cut or drill then this method probably isnt for you.

someone over on corral did it this way and i did it the same thanks to his help.

the switch is a Taylor brand. i removed the bolt where the switch is located and i drilled a larger diameter hole so the switch could fit through the trunk. i think i used a 1" bit. then i had to remove some of the sheet metal in the trunk but it wasnt much. then i fed the battery cables through the trunk lid to the switch. i got some longer bolts for the license plate and cut some rubber hose for spacers. when ever i get around to it, i'm going to pickup a fold down license plate frame so i can have easier access to it.

heres some more pics

Dsc09680.jpg

Dsc09696.jpg

Dsc09657.jpg

Dsc09659.jpg

Dsc09695.jpg