Side window louver pics

Svtpilot said:
Actually on the 67-98 Shelby fastbacks the quarter window scoops were "air extractors" that use a venturi effect to suck air out of the interior. So they were functional. How well they functioned is another story.

I think that is a creation of someone who didn't want to believe they had a bunch of tacked-on scoops on their Shelby, lol. I have an interview on tape that has 'ol Shelby talking about how none of the 1/4 scoops were functional on those cars, but hey. He's 80-something years old. Maybe he forgot. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I like the 3d carbon look. However, I am very concerned about visibility. It is difficult enough now for me to see to back my car up. How much visibility does the louvers reduce if you're old and blind like me (52 with bifocals)?

Have you thought about a camera in your back bumper? I've seen mods here where they replace the Shaker module with a screen - and they do have the screens with camera set up with a tiny whole in your bumper. Barely noticeable. Just a thought.

Wait a minute! OLD! 52! No way! Your only as old as you let yourself feel. And your driving a new Mustang. You're 26 (twice) years young.

stanmckinney said:
I like the 3d carbon look. However, I am very concerned about visibility. It is difficult enough now for me to see to back my car up. How much visibility does the louvers reduce if you're old and blind like me (52 with bifocals)?

Today was the FIRST time I've noticed a reduction in visability.

I was backing out of a parking spot.

It was a bit scary.... not being able to see out the rear quarter window.

I did not see much of an improvement with the Roush louvers.

So I guess louvers are not for the "faint at heart".

mpentico said:
So I guess louvers are not for the "faint at heart".

Eh, it just takes some getting used to. I've been driving the 66 fastback for almost a decade, and it doesn't even have a passenger side mirror. I know it's not the same car, but if I can get used to this old one, the new one with those dumbo-ear side mirrors can't be that bad. :D

I've owned a 65 and a 66 fastback and that's why I like the louvers. My 66 was silver blue, close to the windveil blue I now have. I just don't want to hit someone or be hit by someone. The monitor is an idea, but I don't know that I want to go that far. Maybe I could just roll down my window and yell to see if anyone is behind me. At 52 I sometimes fell 100. In my mustang, though, I do fell younger. The car attracts lookers, many of them women. I hope my wife isn't reading this.