Single Or Dual Plain Intake And Cam Recommendations

jrp79

Nov 29, 2015
91 gt 306 5 speed going carb.got a few questions. current set up is 306 roller block, stock e7 heads(for now).trick flow cam, bbk unequal length shorty headers going into a 3" off-road xpipe into 2.5" flowmaster cat back.
Im use to dual plane intakes but was looking at the parker funnel web, would it be a good choice to get a intake like that or stay with a 1500-6500 dual plain? I know single plains are good for top end but would I still be able to punch 1st gear and smoke the tires?
also what cam would be a good choice for my set up.i heard Anderson's cams are good but I was looking at the specs of the frp x-cam and seemed good for me

• Sponsors (?)

Get some good heads first. Cam and intake is useless with e7's. Heads alone will make a huge difference and are the most important parts. As far as choices goes plan a build that compliment each other. For example don't use to big of a carb,don't use a low rpm cam with a single plane intake or vise versa,etc. your exhaust isn't matched very well. Do you know what piston you have? Compression ratio? Are you keeping the tfs cam? You have a hodgepodge of parts at the moment and are asking for less than ideal results. Is this a track car? Street? Street/strip? Give more details and we can give more detailed advise.

Reactions: 1 user
As stated, don't spend any money until you swap out those heads. Heads are the most important part in making power. The E7's are going to choke off any potential gains from a cam or intake. Once you get the heads, then match the rest of the motor to those heads- cam, valve springs, intake, carb, etc.