Engine Sligh miss and pop over 3k rpm

Just got home and TFI Did the trick for me. Just so you know manual and automatic cars have different TFI’s I’m not sure what will happen if you have them crossed up but make sure you buy one for an automatic transmission if you do or make sure the distributor you have came out of an automatic car let me know what happens if you need anything else hit me up I’ll post the O2 sensor information just to soon as I get a chance to look it up because that’s my next problem I want to fix can’t stand the light coming on every time I drive it hard

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Just got home and TFI Did the trick for me. Just so you know manual and automatic cars have different TFI’s I’m not sure what will happen if you have them crossed up but make sure you buy one for an automatic transmission if you do or make sure the distributor you have came out of an automatic car let me know what happens if you need anything else hit me up I’ll post the O2 sensor information just to soon as I get a chance to look it up because that’s my next problem I want to fix can’t stand the light coming on every time I drive it hard
Sweet man! Glad it’s running good for ya

What TFI did you use? Like what brand and where in the RPM band was your car missing? I heard it’s kind of hit and miss getting a TFI to work. I tried a Accell one on my car and it ran pretty bad so I pulled it off.

So there is a article on here that explains about the TFI and the difference. So apparently it’s a part classification error. From what This says there is no difference in the TFIs.

Here is the quote “Even though there are different TFI part numbers for automatic and manual transmission setups starting with 1990 Mustangs (Motorcraft part #'s DY174 for M/T and DY1076 for A/T).....they continued to use the "push-start" wiring setup until 1993 for both transmission setups. SN95's were the first Mustangs that used a different wiring configuration depending on the type of transmission, and had different color TFI modules as Hissin50 mentioned above.”

Attachments

• 8C94B780-4707-4293-B45E-6D4CE1F8179E.gif
    8C94B780-4707-4293-B45E-6D4CE1F8179E.gif
    80.9 KB · Views: 83
I got a used ford Motorsport one coming because I bought the whole distributor. I mainly wanted the distributor lol. Those things are like gold.

By the way did you have codes 41 and 91 to? Or was it just missing and hesitation some?

Same here I have an accel coil so it was my first choice ran okay. Miss above 3000 still there took back to advance and the only one they had in stock was a driveworks did some research and manufacture is the same as BWD so I took a chance and it worked out well not sure why I still had the exact same symptoms with the Accel but I think it may have worked with an auto

Same here I have an accel coil so it was my first choice ran okay. Miss above 3000 still there took back to advance and the only one they had in stock was a driveworks did some research and manufacture is the same as BWD so I took a chance and it worked out well not sure why I still had the exact same symptoms with the Accel but I think it may have worked with an auto
I have an accel coil has well. So there is a guy on eBay selling Accel coil and new cap and rotor for $30. The coil alone is like $50. I bought the bundle from him.

They are new in the box for $30

Id check all plugs, and if 1 or 2 (in general not cylinder #) is more carbon or oiled up replace the worst 1 or 2. My car burns oil and fouls out a plug every so often and gets a miss. And that fixes it right up. For a while. Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Id check all plugs, and if 1 or 2 (in general not cylinder #) is more carbon or oiled up replace the worst 1 or 2. My car burns oil and fouls out a plug every so often and gets a miss. And that fixes it right up. For a while. Lol.
Thanks. I got a new set of auto lites im fix to put in soon. I will check and see what the plugs look like. Normally does it with a new set to though.

Well whent and bought a new TFI and it fixed mine has well. Didn’t check to see if I still got codes. Will check that it in a few days but yea the high end stumble is gone.