slight surging on warm up

hey guys im getting a small amount of surging during the first start of the day no matter what temperature it is outside. alll other starts are fine, ive changed the warmup enrichment but no change. id like it to start and have a high idle that gradually settles down to target like OEM cars. heres my tune and a datalog, its hard to see what my AFRs are upon startup casue the gauge doesn't turn on till a few minutes but I don't think its fueling problem im leaning more towards either Iac duty cycle or maybe een timing related or just close loop coming in too soon. lmk what you think.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 158
  • 2019-10-10_12.15.26.msl
    6 MB · Views: 117
  • Sponsors (?)

your idle surge issue seems to be IGN advance related during warmup.

Here is what you should try first.

Go into idle settings- idle adaptive advance idle- the clt condition is set to 140* so it does not come into play until 140*...
Try lowering this to 0* and see if it clears up the issue you are having.

so I changed closed loop idle activation temperature to 0 and changed the below RPM activation window from 1200 to 1500RPM and it worked perfectly. starts up and settles down to a smooth idle. thanks again for pointing me in the right direction steve this little change made the car that much more enjoyable to get in and turn the key. heres a new datalog and my current tune.

Attachments

• 2019-10-12_10.14.51.msl
    5.6 MB · Views: 127
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 163
There is some work left to be done with the fuel trims, its not bad but the transitional areas need some attention. You should try using MLV to trim the fuel from the datalog above. I could do it for you if you like.

Sure I’d like to see how you do it cause I mean I’ve been trying using the MLV Ve analyze as well as I have the histogram table setup the way you told me to but still trying to figure out what changes need to be made where and how much weight to give these cells I’ve never gotten use to hand trimming the table yet lol

sorry lol told ya i need a reminder.

I did trim it by hand but we will want to get at least one more log file to verify proper fueling.
sorry lol told ya i need a reminder.

I did trim it by hand but we will want to get at least one more log file to verify proper fueling.
Thankyou steve I will run this today and report back much appreciated as always

So ive been trimming the Ve table a little at a time and I think im pretty close if you don't mind taking a look and just letting me know if im heading in the right direction. ive been using a few of the histograms ive set up to check but it seems like im at the point where some logs are telling me to go up 1 in certain cells then later back down so im kinda in between and might just leave it more on the rich side of things.

Attachments

• 2019-10-30_17.31.47.msl
    5.1 MB · Views: 96
  • CurrentTune.msq
    118.9 KB · Views: 181