Slotted Mag fitment questions - Come on in Dodgestang

thekid760

Sep 10, 2006
I currently have 14" slotted mags on my 65 GT, and like them a lot. But I want to upgrade to 15" on the rear so I'll have a larger tire selection.

It seems most of the slotted mags have very shallow backspacing, I found a nice set 15x8.5 with 3.5" of backspacing.

what size tire do you thinl i'll be able to fit without rolling my fenders? I realize that ever car is different, but at least get me in the ballpark.

Ideally I'd like to get a set of 235/60/15 M/T drag radials, but doubt they'll fit with that backspacing. :shrug:

Any suggestions or comments?

Sorry if I'm :dead:

• Sponsors (?)

they won't fit unless you shorten the rear end.

i tried 15x8.5 slotted mags on my 66 and they stuck out, even without a tire on the rim, about 1/8" outside the fender.

You are 1.5 in short on the backspacing so they will not work for you IMO. If you owned a 67 I would say put in a 65 rear if you really wanted them. But since you own a 65....you don't have many options other than narrowing the rear.

I ran 15 x 8's slots on my 67 with 235/60's . Everything fit great. Most slots are 3.5 or 3.75" backspaced no matter the width. Even all my 15 x 10's are backspaced like this. You should have no problems with 7's and that size tire, probably fit a 245/60 as well.

ebay....................................... I have two sets of slots, one is 15 x 8.5 & 15x10 with a 5.5 pattern, The other set is on my 89 Ranger.....15 x7 & 15 x10. I may put the big set up for sale soon, the Ranger's wheels will go when and if I ever retire the Ranger. Or if I decide to shoe it with a set of black Crager V5's (been thinking hard about that too)

Come to think of it, the 15 x7's on my Ranger were rescued from the rear of a 66 Stang parts car. They had some tall asssed tires on em too. Rearend was a 57-59 Ford 9". They fit even with the tall tires on. Had no problem rolling it, but never drove it.