Slow fox or just me?

25th, have you weighed your car and/or his car? A couple hundred pounds could make a world of difference.

Weight is definately something I was thinking about as well. I know what mine weighs, no idea what his or hers weigh. Mine will be lighter, as I have no rear seat, no smog stuff, no tailpipes, no sway bar. If I had to guess maybe 100-200 lbs difference possibly?

I guess this is all mute simply because without a good comparison or idea of his actual power, I can't really say much.

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds insane I know, but a LOT of guys I know say the same thing. They seemed to enjoy their cars more when they were 12-13 second cars. Less breakage, less down time, on the street a 12 second car feels fast enough, etc...

I think that is just one of those things that is easy to say. Half the fun of owning these cars is building them to be faster and fixing them when they inevitably break. Of course, I'll tell you for sure when my car finally runs 11s. :D

Yeah, I am only going off what friends have told me, even racer. A few have 10-11 second cars and say they had more fun back in the stock motor racing days.

Now others have fun with their 400, 500, 600+ hp cars and don't say those things, but I can't comment as I don't have anything that quick.

Is it wierd that i have never driven a stock fox? When i first drove mine, i had already installed a cobra intake, exhaust, electric fan, larger TB & MAF. So i really have NO clue what a stock fox feels like.

I also have no idea what the stock shifter feels like, haha

who ever told you that is a dumbass. they're there to prevent wheel hop. wheel hop isn't good. as long as you don't have wheel hop with them removed then it doesn't matter but removing them DOES NOT improve traction

yeah i figured, come to think of it though, i had them on before i cahnged gears, and i could brake first loose back then (2.73's) but this was also all before my low oil pressure and overheating symptoms........

My notch when i got it. With just a off road h-pipe and flowmaster cat back and 355 gear's the motor was stock even had the air silencer in the fender and stock timing went a 13.55 @ 101mph with a 1.9 60 ft on street tires. the worst pass was a 13.9. I think the car had a 13.2 in it but i never had the chance when i was there cause the track rental time ran out. I took the car to get dynoed and was
expecting around 210 to 215 rwhp and 250 rwtq. And boy was i suprised the first pull it layed down 241rwhp and 311rwtq WOW!!! So over last winter i did h/c/i and my tuner was so busy that i havent had it dynoed. I am hoping to get 300 rwhq and around 350 rwtq. I guess my car is a factory freak for sure.
And i think the 15000 miles help to.

My notch when i got it. With just a off road h-pipe and flowmaster cat back and 355 gear's the motor was stock even had the air silencer in the fender and stock timing went a 13.55 @ 101mph with a 1.9 60 ft on street tires. the worst pass was a 13.9. I think the car had a 13.2 in it but i never had the chance when i was there cause the track rental time ran out. I took the car to get dynoed and was
expecting around 210 to 215 rwhp and 250 rwtq. And boy was i suprised the first pull it layed down 241rwhp and 311rwtq WOW!!! So over last winter i did h/c/i and my tuner was so busy that i havent had it dynoed. I am hoping to get 300 rwhq and around 350 rwtq. I guess my car is a factory freak for sure.

holy crap, if those numbers are accurate then thats pretty amazing. you shoulda threw some slicks on there and shot for a faster number. If that was my car i think i would have kept the motor bone stock and seen how fast it could have gone with just weight removal

I would also guess that your car is weighing in around 2850 without driver.