Slow fox or just me?

holy crap, if those numbers are accurate then thats pretty amazing. you shoulda threw some slicks on there and shot for a faster number. If that was my car i think i would have kept the motor bone stock and seen how fast it could have gone with just weight removal

They are accurate. and yes they are amazing for sure. The dyno shop said that that was the most hp they got out of a stock motor 302 with just exhaust and gears. Yeah it would have but were is the fun in that though.
I know on a good day it would have gone a 13.0 or just maybe a 12.9 cause
the car ran that good. and i have been drag racing all my life and i now how
a car feels if you know what i mean its hard to explain i know but you know what i mean.

• Sponsors (?)

The car weight's 3040lbs and that is with the spare in the trunk and a half a tank of gas. i think i weight less now that i did the h/c/i cause those stock head were heavy as hell. Havent had a chance to weight it since then.

Ok, I was wondering. My buddy ran an 87 stripo factory coupe, no air, crank windows and it tipped in at 2850 with aluminum heads and a full tubular k-member suspension with coil-overs. He had even heated up and scraped out 50lbs of sound deadening material.

My '93 with all options came in at 3280 w/out driver.

25th, it's hard to compare. once you get out of your car, which is set up properly, all others will seem slow.

I had an '87 sd car back in 90 and it was one of the fastest foxes I have owned.

People try and throw parts at their cars like tb, maf's without understanding how it will effect their performance. More air, more fuel simply means you need more capacity in the intake and heads/cam to get the most out of it.

It's all in the setup and tuning.

They are accurate. and yes they are amazing for sure. The dyno shop said that that was the most hp they got out of a stock motor 302 with just exhaust and gears. Yeah it would have but were is the fun in that though.
I know on a good day it would have gone a 13.0 or just maybe a 12.9 cause
the car ran that good. and i have been drag racing all my life and i now how
a car feels if you know what i mean its hard to explain i know but you know what i mean.

Eh, those numbers seem extremely generous. The most I have seen a bolt-on car make was 235rwhp and that was a car going 12.7x @ 106-107. Numbers vary so much from dyno to dyno it's hard to compare that way. Just saying, your car should go much more than 101mph if it's making that much power. Any healthy low mileage bolt-on car should have no problem going over 100mph.

Eh, those numbers seem extremely generous. The most I have seen a bolt-on car make was 235rwhp and that was a car going 12.7x @ 106-107. Numbers vary so much from dyno to dyno it's hard to compare that way. Just saying, your car should go much more than 101mph if it's making that much power. Any healthy low mileage bolt-on car should have no problem going over 100mph.

I friend of mine who used to post on the sites long ago had a notch with a stock motor and bolt ons. Car would go 12.8-12.9 all day long at 104-105 mph. I think he dynoed 225 to the tires? Best pass he did was a 12.77 @ 105 in cold Atco air.

If I had a bolt on car that made 240+ rwhp I would have never put a HCI on it. Hell my car now only puts down 258 to the tires! Don't take this the wron way, but that is a shame to put a HCI on a car that might have gone deep 12s with a stock motor!!!

Eh, I'm with RARE NOTCH on this one. Yea, its neat to be able to say you run 12s on a stripped down, stock motor car, but I'd rather have a HCI car with 17s and a full interior and run the same times.

Besides, the car ran a best of 13.55, and it MIGHT have went high 12s with sticky tires, but "deep" into the 12s is unlikely without stripping down that perfectly good notch.

Eh, I'm with RARE NOTCH on this one. Yea, its neat to be able to say you run 12s on a stripped down, stock motor car, but I'd rather have a HCI car with 17s and a full interior and run the same times.

Besides, the car ran a best of 13.55, and it MIGHT have went high 12s with sticky tires, but "deep" into the 12s is unlikely without stripping down that perfectly good notch.

Thanks man. Now if it wasnt a 15000 mile car. i would have done that and seen how fast it would have went for sure.