SLP Loudmouth II

thomsonc

Feb 6, 2006
Can anyone tell me how the LM II sounds compared to the LM I??? Since I'm not very mechanically endowed, where the best place to do this while not eating my money that I have for the gear installation? Muffler shop, or the place that's doing my gears? What do you think they will charge for the exhaust install? I have one place that quoted me $321 for the gear kit, $376 for the SCT xCal 2. Then $312 for the install. They also quoted me $325 to have it Dynoed and tuned...
What do you guy think they'll charge for the install of the exhaust system? (no headers) mustangtuning.com price for LM I $404.95, LM II $427.45
Lastly...is it worth the Dyno if it's just the exhaust and gears? Personally, I'd rather save that $300+ on an X-pipe...what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Okay lets see if i can answer everything...

Lm2 sound a lot deeper than LM1. They are also a lot quiter but if you are planning on doing an X than go with the 2's it will sound way better than with the 1's. The 1's will sound raspy and tinny.

Try looking at LMPerformance for the catback they are usually very reasonable.

I really don't know for sure on the install because a friend of mine installed them for me. If i were to guess and this may be "high" i would say $400.

Well i don't know about the whole gear scene but 325 for a dyno tune is a good deal! Its not really needed though with gears and a exhaust system at least i don't think so?

Somone else will chime in and help out.

II's are deeper but still pretty damn loud if you get an O/R X-pipe. Just as loud as the packs and stingers.

Listen, installation is too easy not to do it yourself. If you take it to a shop they will probably laugh at you, then charge you out the ass. Its just band-clamps and 4 nuts & bolts where it bolts to the mid-pipe.

You dont need a dyno tune just for exhaust and gears. all you need is either a speed-cal or handheld tuner to correct your speedometer after the gear install.

thomsonc said:
Can anyone tell me how the LM II sounds compared to the LM I??? Since I'm not very mechanically endowed, where the best place to do this while not eating my money that I have for the gear installation? Muffler shop, or the place that's doing my gears? What do you think they will charge for the exhaust install? I have one place that quoted me $321 for the gear kit, $376 for the SCT xCal 2. Then $312 for the install. They also quoted me $325 to have it Dynoed and tuned...
What do you guy think they'll charge for the install of the exhaust system? (no headers) mustangtuning.com price for LM I $404.95, LM II $427.45
Lastly...is it worth the Dyno if it's just the exhaust and gears? Personally, I'd rather save that $300+ on an X-pipe...what do you guys think?
Email me at [email protected] if you want a video I made of my combo. I got the LMII from lmpperformance on sale for $382 shipped. Might want to call and see if they will still give that deal. Its deep, and not too much drone in the car. I came from 2 chamber flows and I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but I really do. The exhaust is all clamp on, and I was charged $75 for install. There is a write up in the new 5.0 magazine for Full SLP exhaust. Thats the shop and same guys that installed my catback pictured too;)

Wade

If you get the I's with an X, you will be buying the II's or Powerflo's within a year. I promise you. Ive had every combo you can have with the I's, none of them sound near as good as the II's w/ O/R X.

Yes, the I's make babies cry. They also make anyone who likes a good sounding Mustang cry too. You've been forewarned.

helty said:
If you get the I's with an X, you will be buying the II's or Powerflo's within a year. I promise you. Ive had every combo you can have with the I's, none of them sound near as good as the II's w/ O/R X.

Yes, the I's make babies cry. They also make anyone who likes a good sounding Mustang cry too. You've been forewarned.

:lol: That was great. I have had mine for going on 2 years now. That clip you have of the lm1s sounds awful. That sounds nothing like mine. I repeat that sounds nothing like mine. Maybe the Lts make a big difference I don't know. The only reason to buy an o/r pipe is for a dedicated strip/road racing vehicle or because it is cheaper. They gain virtually no power (2-3rwhp) over hi-flow cats. I am going to have to get a camera and make a vid of mine. That should dispel the myth that they sound like crap. I have never had one negative comment about my exhaust - plus you will never have to worry about street racing as no ricer will even look at you.

Helty what catback is next on your list:D ?

I had LMI's and Catted X. It sounds great at WOT, but thats it. During normal to moderate accelleration it resonates and pulsates similar to a truck. Listen, I was in denial too, but trust me, loud doesnt always equal good. Its all subjective anyway, dont take it too serious. Im just trying to give this guy my honest opinion.

When I was selling my II cat-back, I received at least 20 PMs about guys who wanted to buy just the II mufflers bc they couldnt stand the I's anymore.
Helty what catback is next on your list :D ?
none, mine sounds just fine. Kooks LTs and X-pipe will be the next exhaust mod. :nice:

oh, and O/R pipes sound meaner, especially when you shift. the sound isnt as muffled. Dont get upset bc its not what you want to hear. Its coming from my own personal experience and opinions on the matter. And as we know, opinions are like *******s, everyones got one. Dont take it personal :)

my .02 is do the exhaust yourself and do the midepipe as well for the money. I personally don't like resonators with off road pipe. If you keep cat they sound okay.

all you need to do this is jackstands, jack, rachet, wrenches,sockets and swivels.

I would do the power flow with off road x. the LMII with catted x would be a choice if you keep cats. I like my car to be loud and agressive but not obnoxious. some poeple just like loud though.

I would use the vrs or magnaflow o/r x though as they are cheaper. vrs was $250 to my door. sounds great. it installes a bit easier becasue it is a two piece as well.

I have to say my SLP1 with catted-x sounds good and many people I know
agree. It does not resonate and it sure don't sound like a truck. I will
not be replacing my soon or within a year or two. I have heard sound
clips of the SLP II, and it may sound nice but it's too damn quiet. But
everyone to their own.

Helty i'm not taking it too serious. I honestly could care less. The lm1s are probably too loud for a daily driver i will admit it. I got pulled over multiple times within the first two weeks of adding the x and the LTs. Kooks huh, look at you with all the money.