Smog info... Fox Mustangs

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Hi guys, I live in Ontario where the smog police are running rampant and pulling over weekend warriors and inspecting the smog equipment. These guys can be total jerks telling enthusiasts that engine swaps are illegal (not true) and just giving people a hard time.

Now I want to help my fellow local 'stangers by providing info on the smog systems. They aren't all that complicated on the fox mustangs and the only way to really fight back is to be compliant. Eventually the smog cops won't target the fox body Mustangs too much and focus on more profitable brands.

Here's the quick web page I put up (Thanks to TMoss, for the vacuum graphic. Didn't ask but hopefully it's okay). If you see errors or more tips, please let me know. I'd like this to be accurate. I know I said 79-93 and this is more EFI oriented (86-93) maybe I should correct that lol

Anyway, thanks for any comments or suggestions: Mustang SMOG

• Sponsors (?)

You mean they can just pull people over and inspect their cars? Well, the US isn't too far behind.

Yeah they work under the EPA! So they can pull you over, check your emissions system and fine you up to $300 per "problem" (from what I've heard, don't know the fines myself).

If you get caught with an oil burning and maybe even too rich on fuel, they can actually tow and impound your car!

:eek: :canada: