Smog legal intakes?

FallenPhoenix said:
damn man just don't open the hood. Unless the guy has reasonable suspicion that you've got drugs hidden under there or something else illegal, he doesn't have the right to search your car at all. Now for inspection you'll have to do something but don't worry about the cops that is unless he decides to just arrest you and impound the car...

:rolleyes: Where I come from we dont say no to cops. If you say no dont open my hood, he's gonna call his supervisor, etc. and get the damn warrant if he has to.

IMO Unless a cop KNOWS Mustangs (in which case he'd probably let you off anyway) he's not gonna notice an aftermarket x pipe with cats, an aftermarket plenum, etc. He will notice the open element air filter, or that the car has no cats. I'm trying to cover the bases on the crap I know they look for.

Why is one approved and the other isnt? Simple. Getting your parts CARB approved is expensive, and some manufacturers just arent willing to pay to get it done.

• Sponsors (?)

Islander03GT said:
:rolleyes: Where I come from we dont say no to cops. If you say no dont open my hood, he's gonna call his supervisor, etc. and get the damn warrant if he has to.

IMO Unless a cop KNOWS Mustangs (in which case he'd probably let you off anyway) he's not gonna notice an aftermarket x pipe with cats, an aftermarket plenum, etc. He will notice the open element air filter, or that the car has no cats. I'm trying to cover the bases on the crap I know they look for.

Why is one approved and the other isnt? Simple. Getting your parts CARB approved is expensive, and some manufacturers just arent willing to pay to get it done.

Oh snap you're in cali, cops there can be total 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me's :notnice:

An air intake won't affect the smog results, unless it's causing the engine to run more rich (like MAC or BBK intake apparently, but still I doubt it won't pass). If the tunning is right you should pass without any problem, they can't tell what is legal or not just by looking at the engine.

Sam98 said:
Since when did the CHP start enforcing emission laws? The last time I was out there they were too busy with DUI and carpool lanes... :D
they own the highway :) if they wanna write you a ticket you know the'll find some way to...

tip: local cops DO NOT have jurisdiciton on interstate highways, so if they try and pull you over, they'll tell you to take the nearest exit. DO NOT DO IT. just pull over to the side of the road and play dumb, like you didn't hear him or something.

Blev said:
xomp said:
the mac fenderwall intake has a carb# if you want a fenderwall one.[/QUOT

If the Mack one is CARB approved, what about the BBK? It's pretty much the exact same set up. If so, where is the CARB sticker deal. If it's not I still have my stocker.

uhh.. the mac one comes with a carb sticker. each company has to get their product carb approved, even if they're basically the same.

also, my car passed smog fine with my magnaflow catted x pipe and the intake. supposedly it runs rich, but i had no problems.
you just need someone to pass the visual.