Smoking Blue

Hello guys, I am new to this and this is my first post so please bear with me.
I have a 65 fastback 289 totally overhauled, bored .40 over by a reputable machine shop. 600 Holly, edelbrock four barrel intake, stock heads, 240H cam. C5 tranny and dual H exhaust with flowmaster 40's. Right after the rebuild the car smoked just a tiny bit blue. I did not pay much attention to it. After about 300 miles it was time for break-in oil change and I did again with MobilOne fully synthetic oil. I do not remember the grade but on the second change I used the same make with 5w30 for sure and since then the car is smoking very heavy blue from both exhausts. I added STP synthetic to thicken up the oil but to no avail. the car runs 200-210 degrees here in Puerto Rico (85-90 degrees) and oil pressure at 40-60. Can anyone tell me what can be wrong besides piston rings? The car constantly smokes and even more after rough acceleration.

sounds like your rings arn't seating well. you need to run 10w-30 or 20w-50 to let the engine get broken in first. Then move to syn. I would run thicker than 5w-30 in it anyway. like 10w-30 or even 20w-50.

Jimmie