Sn-95 Shelbys?

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
Has anyone in this group ever turned their SN95s into Shelby clones? I started thinking about it and it sounds like it might be cool, but was curious if anyone had done something like that and if they had pics they would want to share.

• Sponsors (?)

Please don't. What did that car ever do to you? :(

You want to make it fast? Make it fast and it will be fast.

You want to make it handle? Make it handle and it will handle.

You want to make it a Shelby? No amount of money or parts will ever make that car a Shelby. Done correctly though, you can make it blow the doors off of one. :nice:

Welcome to :SN:

Reactions: 1 users
Please don't. What did that car ever do to you? :(

You want to make it fast? Make it fast and it will be fast.

You want to make it handle? Make it handle and it will handle.

You want to make it a Shelby? No amount of money or parts will ever make that car a Shelby. Done correctly though, you can make it blow the doors off of one. :nice:

Welcome to :SN:

Thanks for the welcome, im liking the group so far.
I know it's not a Shelby. I know it will never be a Shelby, and I'm not interested in any of the value aspect. I'm interested in the early SN95 body(my favorite Stang) and it be as close to a Shelby as possible. There where no GT500/350 SN 95s so its not like i am stealing thunder from the cobra or saleen or Roush kits. It's just basically a 5.0 coyote with a custom hood/decal set.
It's not a clone of anything that exists. It's my imagining of what a 98' gt500 would be.

It's not a clone of anything that exists. It's my imagining of what a 98' gt500 would be.

I could see that. Def make it how you want it to look but Shelby badging would be cheezy.

I've never seen a hood for an SN95 that was Shelbyesque. I even did a quick search for an SN95 KR hood (using various terms); nothing.

So it brings to mind that an SN95 Shelby might look a lot like Terminator or Cobra R.

Gratuitous KR Hood Shot:

bmc_blackmamba_lg-jpg.263413.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I could see that. Def make it how you want it to look but Shelby badging would be cheezy.

I've never seen a hood for an SN95 that was Shelbyesque. I even did a quick search for an SN95 KR hood (using various terms); nothing.

So it brings to mind that an SN95 Shelby might look a lot like Terminator or Cobra R.

Gratuitous KR Hood Shot:

bmc_blackmamba_lg-jpg.263413.jpg

Maybe cheesy for most people, but my real name is Shelby. So I should be able to get away with it. And I do appreciate the KR shot. :fap:

Reactions: 1 user

And my god, it feels good to be on a forum where people don't always agree but still act like adults. Nothing ruins a group for me, like people going at it like toddlers because they don't like somebody's build or opinion. It's refreshing.

This did not make your case of "not cheezy" better. :lol:

Maybe not. But when I put "Shelby G.T." on the side of my car it'll just be me putting my name on it. And besides that. I love cheese. There are Very few cheeses out there that i dont enjoy.
I'm already one of the cheesiest dudes you will ever meet.

Maybe not. But when I put "Shelby G.T." on the side of my car it'll just be me putting my name on it. And besides that. I love cheese. There are Very few cheeses out there that i dont enjoy.
I'm already one of the cheesiest dudes you will ever meet.

I'm lactose intolerant. :(

@Davedacarpainter might know how much of a PITA it's going to be to make or modify a hood? ...and @madmike1157 can turn just about anything into anything.

Just to look at the hood for now, you’ll want to get some measurements of the scoop and see if it will smoothly fit onto your hood.

Because of your bodylines on your hood, it may not fit at all.

Find that out and I’ll help you out if it will fit.

Just to look at the hood for now, you’ll want to get some measurements of the scoop and see if it will smoothly fit onto your hood.

Because of your bodylines on your hood, it may not fit at all.

Find that out and I’ll help you out if it will fit.

The '99/'01 Cobra hood (or '03/'04 V6 hood; same thing) might be a decent start for this. Or maybe modify a Termi hood somehow. But,I do tend to agree that with the way the lines of the hood kind of "narrow" towards the front of the car, the GT500-style extractor may not look quite right.