• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Sn-95 Shelbys?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JuntaKharr
  • Start date Start date Oct 2, 2017
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
1 of 3 Next Last
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#1
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #1
Has anyone in this group ever turned their SN95s into Shelby clones? I started thinking about it and it sounds like it might be cool, but was curious if anyone had done something like that and if they had pics they would want to share.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#2
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #2
Please don't. What did that car ever do to you?

You want to make it fast? Make it fast and it will be fast.

You want to make it handle? Make it handle and it will handle.

You want to make it a Shelby? No amount of money or parts will ever make that car a Shelby. Done correctly though, you can make it blow the doors off of one.

Welcome to
 
Reactions: General karthief and RaggedGT
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#3
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #3
Noobz347 said:
Please don't. What did that car ever do to you?

You want to make it fast? Make it fast and it will be fast.

You want to make it handle? Make it handle and it will handle.

You want to make it a Shelby? No amount of money or parts will ever make that car a Shelby. Done correctly though, you can make it blow the doors off of one.

Welcome to
Click to expand...


Thanks for the welcome, im liking the group so far.
I know it's not a Shelby. I know it will never be a Shelby, and I'm not interested in any of the value aspect. I'm interested in the early SN95 body(my favorite Stang) and it be as close to a Shelby as possible. There where no GT500/350 SN 95s so its not like i am stealing thunder from the cobra or saleen or Roush kits. It's just basically a 5.0 coyote with a custom hood/decal set.
It's not a clone of anything that exists. It's my imagining of what a 98' gt500 would be.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#4
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #4
JuntaKharr said:
It's not a clone of anything that exists. It's my imagining of what a 98' gt500 would be.
Click to expand...


I could see that. Def make it how you want it to look but Shelby badging would be cheezy.

I've never seen a hood for an SN95 that was Shelbyesque. I even did a quick search for an SN95 KR hood (using various terms); nothing.

So it brings to mind that an SN95 Shelby might look a lot like Terminator or Cobra R.



Gratuitous KR Hood Shot:

 
Reactions: JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#5
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #5
Noobz347 said:
I could see that. Def make it how you want it to look but Shelby badging would be cheezy.

I've never seen a hood for an SN95 that was Shelbyesque. I even did a quick search for an SN95 KR hood (using various terms); nothing.

So it brings to mind that an SN95 Shelby might look a lot like Terminator or Cobra R.



Gratuitous KR Hood Shot:

Click to expand...

Maybe cheesy for most people, but my real name is Shelby. So I should be able to get away with it. And I do appreciate the KR shot.
 
Reactions: Noobz347
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#6
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #6
Noobz347 said:
I could see that. Def make it how you want it to look but Shelby badging would be cheezy.
Click to expand...

And my god, it feels good to be on a forum where people don't always agree but still act like adults. Nothing ruins a group for me, like people going at it like toddlers because they don't like somebody's build or opinion. It's refreshing.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#7
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #7
JuntaKharr said:
but my real name is Shelby.
Click to expand...

This did not make your case of "not cheezy" better.
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#8
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #8
Do you do any fiberglass work?
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#9
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #9
Noobz347 said:
This did not make your case of "not cheezy" better.
Click to expand...

Maybe not. But when I put "Shelby G.T." on the side of my car it'll just be me putting my name on it. And besides that. I love cheese. There are Very few cheeses out there that i dont enjoy.
I'm already one of the cheesiest dudes you will ever meet.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#10
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #10
JuntaKharr said:
Maybe not. But when I put "Shelby G.T." on the side of my car it'll just be me putting my name on it. And besides that. I love cheese. There are Very few cheeses out there that i dont enjoy.
I'm already one of the cheesiest dudes you will ever meet.
Click to expand...

I'm lactose intolerant.

@Davedacarpainter might know how much of a PITA it's going to be to make or modify a hood? ...and @madmike1157 can turn just about anything into anything.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#11
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #11
Noobz347 said:
Do you do any fiberglass work?
Click to expand...
I do not. But my dad has done it before. And I'm always willing to learn. I figure I'll have to. I'll probably end up cutting up my own hood to make it Shelby-esque. I'll have to use fiberglass to smooth it out.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#12
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #12
Noobz347 said:
I'm lactose intolerant.

@Davedacarpainter might know how much of a PITA it's going to be to make or modify a hood?
Click to expand...
The hood that's coming with my mustang is already torn up quite a bit. So I can use it to experiment and decide how I want it to look before settling on something.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 2, 2017
#13
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #13
Yep

I just pinged a body guy and a fabricator. Let's see if they chime in.
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#14
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #14
I'm thinking the late S197 hood is the one I want to emulate. It will match the SN95 more than the earlier ones.

Gratuitous SGT500 pic:
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Oct 2, 2017
#15
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #15
So, is what you're thinking of doing is adding the GT500 scoop/heat extractors to your sn95 hood?
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 2, 2017
#16
  • Oct 2, 2017
  • #16
Davedacarpainter said:
So, is what you're thinking of doing is adding the GT500 scoop/heat extractors to your sn95 hood?
Click to expand...

My intent is to do a coyote swap, add the scoop/extractors, and the GT 500 and Shelby decals. Probably a cobra front bumper as well. I think the one like in the picture would work pretty well.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Oct 3, 2017
#17
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #17
Just to look at the hood for now, you’ll want to get some measurements of the scoop and see if it will smoothly fit onto your hood.

Because of your bodylines on your hood, it may not fit at all.

Find that out and I’ll help you out if it will fit.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,363
21,570
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#18
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #18
I would just like to mention that Shelby wanted nothing to do with the SN95 platform. If I remember right, he didn't like it.
 

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
4,252
1,214
224
Churchton, MD
Oct 3, 2017
#19
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #19
Standby folks...I've seen a KR-style hood for the New Edges. Need to dig up a picture.

Here we go...can only get the link. Maybe (it's linked to a post on another forum...sorry...)

KR hood on New Edge
 
Last edited: Oct 3, 2017

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
4,252
1,214
224
Churchton, MD
Oct 3, 2017
#20
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #20
Davedacarpainter said:
Just to look at the hood for now, you’ll want to get some measurements of the scoop and see if it will smoothly fit onto your hood.

Because of your bodylines on your hood, it may not fit at all.

Find that out and I’ll help you out if it will fit.
Click to expand...

The '99/'01 Cobra hood (or '03/'04 V6 hood; same thing) might be a decent start for this. Or maybe modify a Termi hood somehow. But,I do tend to agree that with the way the lines of the hood kind of "narrow" towards the front of the car, the GT500-style extractor may not look quite right.
 
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
1 of 3 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

How do we feel about first gen fuel caps?
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
4
Views
422
Mustang Sound & Shine All May 3, 2026
General karthief
B
Fog horn sound
  • brandon4v
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
90
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2026
squeak93
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
287
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
J
98 mustang gt carbon fiber
  • jay99914
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
159
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
jay99914
J
Anyone used a Onegauge?
  • revhead347
  • Sep 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
223
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 3, 2025
revhead347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?