• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Sn-95 Shelbys?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JuntaKharr
  • Start date Start date Oct 2, 2017
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
First Prev 2 of 3 Next Last

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Oct 3, 2017
#21
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #21
IIGood said:
The '99/'01 Cobra hood (or '03/'04 V6 hood; same thing) might be a decent start for this. Or maybe modify a Termi hood somehow. But,I do tend to agree that with the way the lines of the hood kind of "narrow" towards the front of the car, the GT500-style extractor may not look quite right.
Click to expand...
He’s got a ‘98. The bodylines on it narrow down quite a bit towards the bumper.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#22
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #22
IIGood said:
Standby folks...I've seen a KR-style hood for the New Edges. Need to dig up a picture.

Here we go...can only get the link. Maybe (it's linked to a post on another forum...sorry...)

KR hood on New Edge
Click to expand...




The problem with this and the reason why it doesn't look right is that the front of the hood does not extend far enough out to meet the bumper. Not sure how you'd incorporate that.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Oct 3, 2017
#23
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #23
He has a ‘98. It’s not an edge mustang. Like this without the Cobra snorkels.
 

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
4,252
1,214
224
Churchton, MD
Oct 3, 2017
#24
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #24
Davedacarpainter said:
He’s got a ‘98. The bodylines on it narrow down quite a bit towards the bumper.
Click to expand...

Oh crap, I missed the part about a '98. Yeah, that'd be a different beast altogether. At least the hood would be mostly flat rather than having to work with pre-existing scoops...would just have to work around the "vents" on the sides of the hood. But...yeah...the narrowing of those lines are even more challenging.

Noobz347 said:


The problem with this and the reason why it doesn't look right is that the front of the hood does not extend far enough out to meet the bumper. Not sure how you'd incorporate that.
Click to expand...

No, it certainly doesn't look right...I did see it in person once and it looks a little better than how it translates in the picture, but it's marginal.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#25
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #25
IIGood said:
Standby folks...I've seen a KR-style hood for the New Edges. Need to dig up a picture.

Here we go...can only get the link. Maybe (it's linked to a post on another forum...sorry...)

KR hood on New Edge
Click to expand...
Yeah, I saw that hood. I thought it looked really silly on there. I will have to end up cutting my own I'm sure.


Noobz347 said:
The problem with this and the reason why it doesn't look right is that the front of the hood does not extend far enough out to meet the bumper. Not sure how you'd incorporate that.
Click to expand...

Agreed. That's why I chose the later S197 500s fod the hood. It sits flat, is functional and doesn't make the car look like it's got a huge nose. But I do agree that I need to find out what the dimensions are to see if it will fit. Luckily I will have a spare hood with which to cut up and see if it fits.

I had somewhat of an idea though. I was thinking, if I moved the scoop back to the back end of the hood, I could connect it on both sides to the existing vents on the sides of the hood. Make it one long piece. I'm going to try to find a black and white picture of a SN95 to try and do some drawings, see if I can put down what I'm visualizing.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#26
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #26
Noobz347 said:
I would just like to mention that Shelby wanted nothing to do with the SN95 platform. If I remember right, he didn't like it.
Click to expand...

I didn't find anything about him not liking or not wanting anything to do with the SN95. From what I found he was just contracted to Chrysler and then GM during the SN95 era.
 
Reactions: Neuron and mransr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#27
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #27
I am by no means an artist. But I was able to somewhat convey what I'm thinking using some images I found online and then colored in.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#28
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #28
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#29
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #29
Oh... and post up pics of your car as it sits.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#30
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #30
This is how it sits at the moment. But I can't do anything to it yet. It's not technically mine yet, the current owner has to get some title work(he signed the title but never actually got it transferred, he's waiting for the new title to show up) to get it ready for me to pick up. It has the 4th wheel and tire on it now, but it already needs a hood, bumper, fender, door and paint. I'll end up replacing the mud tires with something more street friendly, but I like the fatness of them.

 
Reactions: Noobz347

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#31
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #31
It's a rescue mission. Now I like it even better.


Shall we begin with the mechanicals?
 
Reactions: General karthief and JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#32
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #32
Noobz347 said:
It's a rescue mission. Now I like it even better.


Shall we begin with the mechanicals?
Click to expand...
Yeah. The owners friend hit a deer and smashed it up.
He had it up looking for a trade, and I have what he wants, so he's working to get it ready and in a couple weeks I should be taking receipt of it.
It will take me a while to save up for the coyote swap, but I can start working on cosmetics while I'm waiting.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#33
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #33
Cough:


http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=371054918784
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#34
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #34
Why the Coyote swap?



Oh and...



Not sure how I feel about that... Look like it's trying to be a Pontiac.
 
Reactions: Neuron
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#35
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #35
Those wheels are slick. I was thinking about going 5-spoke bullit though. And the bullit gas cap to match. It's much more economic and you can't much beat a sweet 5 spoke.

Mechanically it appears to be in decent shape. The only thing that appears wrong is, he has a toggle switch for the radiator fan. It sounds smooth, motor doesn't shake violently, no major ticking or knocking. It needs a dipstick and a coolant resivoir cap. That's about it mechanically. I didn't check to see if the ac/heat worked though.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#36
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #36
Noobz347 said:
Why the Coyote swap?



Oh and...



Not sure how I feel about that... Look like it's trying to be a Pontiac.
Click to expand...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that KR style hood.
And I want it to have the power to back up the Shelby badging. Getting it close to 500 to will make me happy. The 3.8 is good for mild fun and decent fuel economy, but smiles per gallon is more important to me than miles per gallon.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#37
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #37
JuntaKharr said:
Those wheels are slick. I was thinking about going 5-spoke bullit though. And the bullit gas cap to match. It's much more economic and you can't much beat a sweet 5 spoke.

Mechanically it appears to be in decent shape. The only thing that appears wrong is, he has a toggle switch for the radiator fan. It sounds smooth, motor doesn't shake violently, no major ticking or knocking. It needs a dipstick and a coolant resivoir cap. That's about it mechanically. I didn't check to see if the ac/heat worked though.
Click to expand...



I'm pretty sure that the front left wheel is supposed to be perpendicular to the ground and not parallel.


...and this:

 
Reactions: 1990slow50H

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#38
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #38
JuntaKharr said:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that KR style hood.
And I want it to have the power to back up the Shelby badging. Getting it close to 500 to will make me happy. The 3.8 is good for mild fun and decent fuel economy, but smiles per gallon is more important to me than miles per gallon.
Click to expand...

So this is a V6?

Why do you want this car? You just want a project?
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#39
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #39
Noobz347 said:
I'm pretty sure that the front left wheel is supposed to be perpendicular to the ground and not parallel.
Click to expand...
The front wheel has been replaced. It's got all four wheels and tires now.

Noobz347 said:
...and this:

Click to expand...
Yeah, I've seen that on the CJ Pony ads that pop up on my Facebook now. It's pretty slick, and I like that Atlantic blue color, it's a very nice cobra.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#40
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #40
Noobz347 said:
So this is a V6?

Why do you want this car? You just want a project?
Click to expand...

Because. It's a perfect situation sort of deal. I don't have the funds currently to go buy a mustang, or any car. I have a boat to trade. This guy has the mustang and is looking for a boat to trade for. And if I'm eventually going to be cutting on it and making it different, I'd rather do it to a car that already needs the parts, and save some American steel in the process. It runs and drives as it is. That's what I need. And, it's a base for me to jump into modifying and making it my own.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
First Prev 2 of 3 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

How do we feel about first gen fuel caps?
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
4
Views
422
Mustang Sound & Shine All May 3, 2026
General karthief
B
Fog horn sound
  • brandon4v
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
90
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2026
squeak93
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
288
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
J
98 mustang gt carbon fiber
  • jay99914
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
159
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
jay99914
J
Anyone used a Onegauge?
  • revhead347
  • Sep 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
223
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 3, 2025
revhead347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?