Sn95.0 convertible hydraulic leak

TheNudeLion

Jun 14, 2017
Florida
So the day starts off fantastic, throwing codes for running lean, have crappy idle, and lots of surging in the engine, along with CEL. I decided to clean the MAF sensor after using the EEC diagnostic today and it absolutely fixed it with amazin results.. so I felt lucky.

After this I filled my convertible motor with fluid and ran it after filling(has not worked since I got it) to notice something not sounding so great. Long story short I found out there is a huge leak in my right convertible hydraulic or maybe the hoses not sure. Does anyone know the best way to clean the fluid out that has leaked into the car, or as a man with limited experience should I just play the waiting game and hope the fluid doesnt do too much damage?:shrug:

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Well.... I am not the most articulate person but I will try...

If you are just trying to clean the fluid that leaked out, all I had to do is remove the back seats entirely and the shroud that holds the MACH speakers(optional sound system on the 95). I think this just took a metal pry(or flat head screwdriver) to hit the clips at the bottom of the seats and a Torx 15 bit + socket set. From there I had a very messy clean up, but it just took a lot of microfiber cloths. I will find a video on how to remove the backseats.

View: https://youtu.be/tEIvBWarQwE?t=97

At that time-stamp it shows him removing what he needs to in order to get access to the hydraulic arms, when you are back there it will be much easier to see where the leak is coming from. It is not the same steps as my 95 but it is extremely similar, mine just didn't have the rubber holders keeping the panel in.

If you are trying to diagnose the hydraulic arm or the leak, a good thing I think would be the same exact thing. In my case the brace that is supposed to hold the hydraulic arm in place snapped, and the hose was undone so it sprayed all over behind my seats in the floor pan.

Reactions: 1 user