SN95 Brakes on a Fox to Cobra's. I need answers.

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
I am upgrading all 4 corners of my stang to the Cobra brakes. I bought the 13” fronts, and 12 inch rear along with calipers in the back and pads. I have SN95 stuff on my car right now. So here’s my questions.

Do the Cobra brakes bolt up to the same fittings as the 99 dual pot calipers I have or do I need to cut and flare? I already have a fitting on the passenger side caliper, but the driver’s side bolted up to my stock fox brake line.

I have been told that SN95 and Cobra’s share the same caliper, it’s just that the Cobra uses a thinner pad and larger, vented rotor. Is this true(about the calipers being the same)? Could I unbolt my back brakes without disconnecting them and take off the rotor, slip out the pads and pop the new rotor and thinner Cobra pads on?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a little confused on your question for the front brakes. Are you reffering to the brake lines?

As for the rear, you are correct. The calipers are the same BUT the bridges are different. The Cobra bridges are connected in the front and have a wider groove for the wider rotors. Also most parts stores sell GT pads as Cobra pads...they have the same number. So if you get pads chances are they will not fit. You'll need to shave them down by rubbing them on concrete or sandpaper. Or you can use your worn GT pads.

Here's a good article to read on the rear disk swap. Pretty straightforward and this will show you the step by step procedure.

http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=104

If you are running 94-98 GT brake lines up front you'll have to upgrade to either 99+ lines or a set of stainless lines as 94-98 GT/V6 brake lines will not bolt to the Cobra calipers.

The lines should bolt up the same way as your current lines, unless you get SS lines they you might not need the adapter.

Also, depending on what year Cobra calipers you get, the 99+ GT caliper's banjo bolt may not work. You might need to get a Cobra banjo bolt