sn95 Shocks and Struts on a lowered Foxbody??

• Sponsors (?)

The strut bodies are a little longer. As a result, you lose a little travel of the strut piston and run into the chance of it bottoming out.

Out back, i beleive you could use SN95 stuff

I would want to know how much it is lowered and any other Mods. I have 2001 Bullitt Struts, Shocks, and Springs on my car, but I have 1995 Spindles which have a lower mounting point and CC Plates which raise the top mounting point. My Car sits about 7/8" Lower up front and about 3/4" Lower out back than it did with the Stock stuff.

I've seen that but that only applies to Bilsteins. The have one part number for the front struts. Every other company has two part numbers.

I guess I'm going to try and see what happens. I've got 5 way tockicos and steeda sports sitting in the garage. They came off of a 2000. I know the springs work and the rear shocks will work. So I'm going to put the front struts on and see. I'll report back after the install.

I was looking for someone with real world experience that has done it.

I am running coilovers on 03 Cobra Struts and on SN95 rear shocks. I also have 95 spindles. Car is lowered a good 2" from stock, maybe more, and never had an issue with the struts bottoming out.

On stock fox spindles, i cant vouch for them. But just wanted to give you a scenario that i have first hand knowledge of them working.

Thanks. I seems like the more people I talk too that have used them with a sn95 setup on a lowered fox haven't had any issues. I've still yet to have someone say "yes I've used them on a lowered fox and bottomed out".

I've seen that but that only applies to Bilsteins. The have one part number for the front struts. Every other company has two part numbers.

I guess I'm going to try and see what happens. I've got 5 way tockicos and steeda sports sitting in the garage. They came off of a 2000. I know the springs work and the rear shocks will work. So I'm going to put the front struts on and see. I'll report back after the install.

I was looking for someone with real world experience that has done it.

I actually emailed MM asking that question (if that was only applicable to Bilsteins) and the tech responded that is was NOT.

Response: "The article "Shock Recommendations: SN95 shocks on a Fox chassis" does apply to all brands, not just Bilstein. The shocks for the 1994-2004 Mustang will not hurt ride quality. In fact, these shocks will improve ride quality because they feature a shorter and softer bumpstop. Enjoy! "

I actually emailed MM asking that question (if that was only applicable to Bilsteins) and the tech responded that is was NOT.

Response: "The article "Shock Recommendations: SN95 shocks on a Fox chassis" does apply to all brands, not just Bilstein. The shocks for the 1994-2004 Mustang will not hurt ride quality. In fact, these shocks will improve ride quality because they feature a shorter and softer bumpstop. Enjoy! "

I had called MM and they told me for the rears it does not matter because the only difference is the sn95 use internal bump stops so all you have to do it remove the fox bumpstop that's mounted to the frame. He said the for the fronts Bilstein uses one part number but that other companies have two seperate part numbers and reccomend I use the fox part number.

I had actually done as much research before posting here. That's why I wanted to hear from someone that had actually done it to see what the outcome was. The reasons I've been told not to use them is because of bottoming out, but like I said I haven't heard anyone say "yeah I used them and bottomed out".

So I installed Steeda Sport Springs 79-04 and 5 way Tokicos with sn95 part numbers. I got a really good deal on these parts so I figured I'd give it a try. Took 2.5 hrs to install in my garage. I've driven the car on the street, highway, over railroad tracks, etc. and have yet to experience any bottoming out. My car isn't exteremly low so that may attribute to them not bottoming. I'm also running sn95 spindles.

View attachment 247722