Sn95 vs Fox: Lets talk rust

• Sponsors (?)

He lived on the key to success. :cool:
Yes. Yes I did. But I was evicted!!
Ahhhh, you are thinking 'The Keys' like Key West, alas no, I been there many times, hang'n around sugarloaf, big pine and key west, no, never met that five o'clock guy and never found Kokomo, but it was fun.
I lived on siesta key and longboat but mostly hung out on lido key but I was raised downtown.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
44esbv.jpg
Some like them, some don’t. Goes for chipped tooth hookers and SN95’s. There were many improvements on SN95’s over the 93’ and older cars. I happen to like both styles. Owned a 90’ GT and a 93’ LX and I will say I liked the extra elbow room in the older cars but the refinement of the SN95’s. I have spanked many 93’ & older cars with my 95’, but it’s far from stock. I’ve entered it in 3-4 car shows and have a few trophies, so someone besides me likes them. To each their own. I don’t go around hating on certain body styles though. They all can be kept in good shape and look nice.

Ahhhh, you are thinking 'The Keys' like Key West, alas no, I been there many times, hang'n around sugarloaf, big pine and key west, no, never met that five o'clock guy and never found Kokomo, but it was fun.
I lived on siesta key and longboat but mostly hung out on lido key but I was raised downtown.

There are some killer beaches in that area. Definitely not the worst place to live.

Kurt

• Agree
Here;s some pics of the frame rail of a 99-04. This is the middle hole between the two K-member bolt holes. As you can see from the pic, it's wide open into the box frame of the rail. Hard to photograph, but i can definitely tell you any moisture that gets in here has a easy path to drain or dry out.

Go look on a fox body. There's a center sleeve in this spot, and if you were to cut it open, various metal supports holding it and the two side parts up.

As to when this change happened? No idea. Those of you with SN95's might want to go stick a finger in your rail and see if this center hole has a support. I bet the change was around 1996 as i can remember seeing quite a few rusted 94/95's.

C3C13DD0-A4B2-44B6-9804-844828D80D4B.jpeg

3C2DB0CB-69C6-4C02-8A42-F4D79EDEF558.jpeg

1D56EA5F-023E-4663-831F-25329F2C2D53.jpeg

Just to add to this post that’s gone a little off topic. I dissected my 99-04 rail and found the construction inside is completely different than that of the fox. The bolt tubes are a small subassembly thsr is easily removed. It’s wide open inside and everything is coated.

if you’ve ever repaired a fox rusted rail, there’s a lot more goingon inside.

the dark matter is just dirt. It cleaned off as you can see in the second pic.

9009F6C0-6DCC-41FC-955D-ABD611C110D4.jpeg

A8D35242-09B9-49CE-B148-9C27162B3C53.jpeg

The five o'clock guy was at the Square Grouper in Jupiter. They ruined a perfectly good bait shop to put up that place.

• Haha