Sn95 vs Fox: Lets talk rust

I had subframe connectors and full Steeda suspension on my Fox, and it was still squirly. No idea what Ford did to the SN, but it is a much more planted car. It could be the chassis, it could be the axle width; I honestly don't know.

Kurt

wheelbase and axle width both played a role. About an inch longer and a couple inches wider.

but I noticed a huge difference in control between my ‘88 and my ‘03. You could lose traction in the rear and would be much easier to keep it all inline vs the fox. Very noticeable.

the traction control was ok. I turned it off on sunny days, but I can specifically remember two occasions where it kicked in and probably saved my ass. Once was on wet leaves, the other time when I accelerated in 4th gear on a cold day with summer tires.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

wheelbase and axle width both played a role. About an inch longer and a couple inches wider.

but I noticed a huge difference in control between my ‘88 and my ‘03. You could lose traction in the rear and would be much easier to keep it all inline vs the fox. Very noticeable.

the traction control was ok. I turned it off on sunny days, but I can specifically remember two occasions where it kicked in and probably saved my ass. Once was on wet leaves, the other time when I accelerated in 4th gear on a cold day with summer tires.
Because....an sn 95 car with its wider tack width, and superior traction would need it when the only time the weak ass 5.0 engine would even break traction would be on " wet leaves" or on "summer tires in the dead of winter"...

It wont matter...if you want a fox, buy it..
Stay off of wet leaves, or wet summer roads on dry winter tires.

"YESSSSSS....Facebook is alive and well here young padawan...";)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Because....an sn 95 car with its wider tack width, and superior traction would need it when the only time the weak ass 5.0 engine would even break traction would be on " wet leaves" or on "summer tires in the dead of winter"...

There aren't too many people here with weak ass stock 5.0s. If you want the best Mustang chassis all around ever made, buy an SN.

Kurt

9276E657-C8FC-4B98-AFBA-07D9069BB68A.jpeg

I bought a new GT in 1990. I owned that car for 7 years and liked it very much but it did indeed have a lot of squeaks and rattles and would get sideways in a heart beat. When the 1994 models came out, I did not like the look of the standard V6 models but I did like the GT’s. A few more upgrades the 94’s had over 93’s was 5 lug axles, a larger rear wheel well (try getting the 315’s on the back of my ‘95 in a 93’), higher MPH speedometer, higher output alternator, a much quieter and refined interior and the upgrades others have already mentioned. I sold my ‘90 in ‘97 and bought the yellow ‘95 GT you see here. It still has no rust at 92k miles, paint and interior look close to new, it has a blown 331 with a Tremec tranny and a built rear end now. It also has a Steeda suspension, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Cobra brakes and wheels 17x9 up front, 17x10 1/2 rear. I can tell you the 150 lbs. weight difference is no longer noticeable and the car will pin you in your seat. I happen to think it looks very nice and awards at car shows I’ve been to says others do too. I get compliments almost every time I take it out and people can’t believe it’s 25 year old factory paint. I know some “Mustang Guys” hate on this body style but I don’t care.

Attachments

• 1F31E868-5498-404A-BA4E-797A8A6A09B7.jpeg
    1F31E868-5498-404A-BA4E-797A8A6A09B7.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 188A0652-A846-4128-8A69-25FCED095128.jpeg
    188A0652-A846-4128-8A69-25FCED095128.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 89
  • B98BDE51-3A05-45D4-B768-CD9B05182B34.jpeg
    B98BDE51-3A05-45D4-B768-CD9B05182B34.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 321AAC9E-8481-45E2-9E35-B229234A9277.jpeg
    321AAC9E-8481-45E2-9E35-B229234A9277.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 3 users
9276E657-C8FC-4B98-AFBA-07D9069BB68A.jpeg

I bought a new GT in 1990. I owned that car for 7 years and liked it very much but it did indeed have a lot of squeaks and rattles and would get sideways in a heart beat. When the 1994 models came out, I did not like the look of the standard V6 models but I did like the GT’s. A few more upgrades the 94’s had over 93’s was 5 lug axles, a larger rear wheel well (try getting the 315’s on the back of my ‘95 in a 93’), higher MPH speedometer, higher output alternator, a much quieter and refined interior and the upgrades others have already mentioned. I sold my ‘90 in ‘97 and bought the yellow ‘95 GT you see here. It still has no rust at 92k miles, paint and interior look close to new, it has a blown 331 with a Tremec tranny and a built rear end now. It also has a Steeda suspension, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Cobra brakes and wheels 17x9 up front, 17x10 1/2 rear. I can tell you the 150 lbs. weight difference is no longer noticeable and the car will pin you in your seat. I happen to think it looks very nice and awards at car shows I’ve been to says others do too. I get compliments almost every time I take it out and people can’t believe it’s 25 year old factory paint. I know some “Mustang Guys” hate on this body style but I don’t care.

That is one clean car man. Looks great.

Kurt

I remember when the 94's came out they had two concept models, the Bruce Jenner and the Arnold Schwarzenegger. The final design looked a lot more Bruce than Arnold.

• Haha
I don’t mind the 94-95 cars. I would buy one. There is a pretty big difference between those and the 87-93’s, and I’m not just talking about 5 lug and better brakes. Definitely a more refined car. My buddy had a 94 just like that car. Very nice.

Last edited:
The SN95 for me has no appeal at all. I do appreciate the components it offers to uprade the fox. But to me it has always struck me as a chick's car, sorry SN95 guys.

• Haha
I remember when the 94's came out they had two concept models, the Bruce Jenner and the Arnold Schwarzenegger. The final design looked a lot more Bruce than Arnold.
Actually they went with the Schwarzenegger. Check the pic in post #40, the 3 main concepts are shown there with their names listed in the caption.

Actually they went with the Schwarzenegger. Check the pic in post #40, the 3 main concepts are shown there with their names listed in the caption.
I stand corrected. I had forgotten there was a third model. It was the Rambo that was the most aggressive looking.