So a 99-01 Cobra N/A intake will fit a 03 Cobra S/C engine

preludeshoSC

Apr 12, 2009
I'm new, a few questions

whats the difference in these manifolds?

anyone have any pictures of the inside?

Whats an aussie intake?

Does the hood have to be modified?

Are both these engines 4.6 32 valve DOHC?

• Sponsors (?)

Any 99-01 Cobra intake will fit an 03 Cobra headed car. In fact the 03 Cobra guys that go turbo use the 99-01 intake. The heads are pretty similar, except I know the cams are obviously different and several other things.

An aussie intake is off of a 4v car, the Falcon I think, that only sells in Austrailia. Many people that go 5.4 4v use this intake.

All Cobras from 96-04 are DOHC 4v headed cars. except the 96-98 are B Heads and 99-01 are C heads with a different port design.

What are you planning on to swap an NA intake on a SC 03/04 Cobra? A little background would help.

Thanks, a friend told me you can get gains by replacing the 03-04 Eaton S/C'ed Cobra with a 99-01 intake, due to its longer intake runners and then I found this link,

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Intake Manifold - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

I want to find the intake runner length so I can make my own intake.

This is an 03 right?

2003_cobra_intake001.jpg

2003_cobra_intake002.jpg

This is a 99-01

1999_cobra_intake.jpg

1999_cobra_intake002.jpg

1999_cobra_intake003.jpg

I can't tell how the runners are kind of wrapped around, any idea's?

Also, here is the Aussie intake and a stock Cobra R, was the Cobra R a 5.4? is that the difference I'm seeing, they S/C or Eaton M112?

2000_cobra_r_intake.jpg

like I said, I'm trying to find the runner length.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds as if your comparing apples to oranges. The 99 intake will work on the 03-04 but you will not be able to use the stock blower.... Like stated above, most switch to the intake to go turbo..... The article you posted basically compared the stock Roots blower to a centrifical set up on the same engine, then the intake would be required.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds as if your comparing apples to oranges. The 99 intake will work on the 03-04 but you will not be able to use the stock blower.... Like stated above, most switch to the intake to go turbo..... The article you posted basically compared the stock Roots blower to a centrifical set up on the same engine, then the intake would be required.

Sorry, your right, I meant to say if the blower was like a remote mount like a Vortech or turbo.

From the article it looks like he initially used the Vortech w/ the 03 lower intake and a 99-01 upper intake so they can fabricate the piping to the blower. But then, if I read correctly, still using the Vortech, he put on a 99-01 lower intake and a 99-01 upper intake and made good gains, right?

ok. Gotcha now. Yes when compared to each other with a non roots blower mounted, then the 99-01 intake would stand to make more power b/c of the runner length.... Mainly b/c your asking the 03/04 one to do things it was not designed to do.