So I don't have a Mustang, but...

slipkid269

Jun 24, 2021
Michigan
I HAVE had one. A ugly little tan, notchback 85? with a 4 popper. And that was in the 80's. (may have just aged myself there). It got me from A to B. Then ended up with a boat rack on top my dad used to go fishin' in. It's funny that it has become a desirable car at this point!

Thats not why I'm here though. I don't have a stang, BUT I have ones heart! I have a 89' H.O in a Falcon! And I need help. I quit working on cars / hot rods when they added computers to them. They were a pain. Though now with the internet the mystery has been lifted and am gonna take another shot at it. So if I don't get stoned by other members (the kind where you throw rocks!) I hope to glean some information from here to make my Falstang, Mustcon, Falcon with the heart of a stallion, fly again!

Also, I looked at quite a few forums before I picked this one. Seems to have knowledgeable and helpful members more than the others.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors(?)

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
So how is the car getting fuel and spark? Does it have an 89 ECU and harness? And what year of Falcon?

slipkid269

Jun 24, 2021
Michigan
Hi
So how is the car getting fuel and spark? Does it have an 89 ECU and harness? And what year of Falcon?
Hi, It is a 63' with 89' wiring ... or mess, for lack of better word and uses a computer I assume is from a 89. It was purchased by previous owner trying to fix surge issues but didn't help. That's how I got it. I think he gave up throwing money at it. Far more money in new parts on it than I payed. But that's how it goes with cars. I have more posted on it here.

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Hi

Hi, It is a 63' with 89' wiring ... or mess, for lack of better word and uses a computer I assume is from a 89. It was purchased by previous owner trying to fix surge issues but didn't help. That's how I got it. I think he gave up throwing money at it. Far more money in new parts on it than I payed. But that's how it goes with cars. I have more posted on it here.
That helps. I will take the conversation there.