So I just bought a Cobra

bit

Founding Member
Sep 27, 1999
Anderson, SC
Well I am the proud owner of a White 1998 Cobra. The car has the following mods.
Suspension-
Griggs Tubular K-member & A-arm
QA1 Coilovers
KBY GR2 Struts
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates

Engine-
Steeda underdrive pulley
Steeda Timing Adjuster
UPR Cold Air Induction
C&L Mass Air Meter
MSD Wires
Bassani X-pipe with converters
Flowmasters

Other-
Pro 5.0 shifter
Steeda subframe connectors
Moser 28 spline axles
4.10:1 Ford Motorsports Gear
Steeda upper & lower rear control arms
Battery relocation to trunk
S281 Spoiler

I guess I may be hanging out in here a little now.

Thanks
Brent

Yep, and they get very unhappy, very quickly when they don't have enough. Just talk to DOHC_GT to find out first hand. One of the best ways to get the opportunity to rebuild your engine is to let it run low on oil.

hmm

Strange. I would say about half of the guys on svtperformance.com in the 99-01 forums notice measurable oil usage.

My car uses about a quart every 3000 miles or so. My friends is the same way. Both are cars are under 40K miles, neither one smells like oil/smokes. Both drive great. I think its common on the 99 and 01s...

vitoal18t said:
What do you think of Griggs suspension on your Mustang? Does the car handle?
The only thing I really have to compare to is my fox body convertible, but I think the car handles great. I have thrown it into corners that I thought would challenge the car and every time the car stays low, level, and very controllable. I have not had any drastic oversteer. I need to take my Dad’s Z06 out for a ride and compare the two. The only time I have driven the Z06 is at the drag strip, so I have no idea what 1G feels like it the turns.

Brent

Attachments

• Cobra1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Cobra4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Cobra7.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Cobra8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Cobra9.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 61