So I just got new tires

blake44

Aug 19, 2008
Turns out 3 of the rims are completely warped. Sounds like the car was curbed or something but they can't even balance my new tires or align them until I get the rims fixed at some place. It's going to cost an additional $600 to get these rims fixed just after I spend $1800 on other bull**** repairs.

Anyways, if I'm driving these new tires on the warped rims is it going to damage my tires or will that take time? I'll only be driving like this for the next 4 days then I'm getting the rims fixed.

• Sponsors (?)

What wheels are they?

I nailed a pothole badly with my car and bent a rim. I didn't even know it until i went to get new tires put on the the guy shows me how out of round the wheel was. I told them to balance it the best they could and they did and tossed it on the rear of the car (you feel less vibration on the rear). I then drove 30K miles like this.

This time around, when i needed new tires, i bought an OEM bullitt wheel for $100 from Ford Racing and swapped it with the bent one. Towards the end i had some vibration in the wheel, but i prob could have gotten it rebalanced

You should be fine. They must be really bad if they wont balance them for you.

Oh god you don't even know it's at least a 2 inch indention in each rim all the way across on the inside

And also I want to get new rims (black ones with chrome lip) but the tire place had to be like you don't want new rims they won't work as good and my dad is now like they probably won't fit and wants me to waste 600 on gettin 3 rims fixed that are scuffed on the outside

what kind of wheels are they?

The tire place's arguement that they wont work as good doesnt make sense. Won't work as good at doing what? Spinning?

Depending on what wheels they are...could be cheaper to buy new...even OEM.

Are they scuffed or bent?

A 2" indentation is pretty severe. I wouldnt balence them eaither cause then the shop could be held liable for dammages. I would not risk driving on the new tires at all till I got it fixed. Even 20 miles can cause the wheel to cup :notnice:

I am pretty scared driving it right now. But the here's the deal.

I have the original bulliet (sp?) 17inch rims on my 03 gt.

I'm looking for 17inch black rims with a chrome lip. Not too sure what design I want but I looked on tirerack.com and found nothing under the price I wanted to spin. I have to spin $600 or less. Anyone able to recommend me some websites where I can find some black rims with chrome lip for under 600 total?

I am pretty scared driving it right now. But the here's the deal.

I have the original bulliet (sp?) 17inch rims on my 03 gt.

I'm looking for 17inch black rims with a chrome lip. Not too sure what design I want but I looked on tirerack.com and found nothing under the price I wanted to spin. I have to spin $600 or less. Anyone able to recommend me some websites where I can find some black rims with chrome lip for under 600 total?

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

Your OEM wheels are cheaper to buy new than to repair. $600 to repair three original bullitt wheels is a rip off. If you price it out, you can BUY all 4 NEW bullitt rims for $400. So basically what you are going to pay to repair three OLD wheels you could buy SIX BRAND NEW wheels for.

Here's what you have now for $100 each. Just find a ford racing parts distributor and order. I got mine from Ford Mustang | MCRparts.com - Muscle Car Restoration Parts Weatherstip Convertible Top Seals Interior. They aren't listed, you'll have to send them the part number and get a quote plus shipping.

Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-1007-J178*] $100

If you want the black wheels check out the First website i posted. Downside is most of the wheels are 17x9 which you should run 275's on. So you may need new tires although you could run a 245 on them. It's been done.

The only reason the shop is telling you aftermarket wheels won't work as good is because you wouldn't be giving them the $600 for them to fix your wheels.

+1,000,000. they just want your money. If i was in your shoes and were going to get my rims repaired I would go with someone else just becuase they told me that. total :bs::bs::bs:. go get yourself some new rims and be done with it dont give those liars your money.

The only reason the shop is telling you aftermarket wheels won't work as good is because you wouldn't be giving them the $600 for them to fix your wheels.

Actually if i'm reading this right, 1 rim is bent and the other two are just curbed and they want to charge him $600 to repair the bent rim and two curbed wheels.

Personally, i'd let the curbed wheels go unless they bother him badly enough and replace the bent rim for $100 and call it a day.

Oh i would also go to another tire place too.

Actually if i'm reading this right, 1 rim is bent and the other two are just curbed and they want to charge him $600 to repair the bent rim and two curbed wheels.

Personally, i'd let the curbed wheels go unless they bother him badly enough and replace the bent rim for $100 and call it a day.

Oh i would also go to another tire place too.

Agreed.