So I just got new tires

• Sponsors (?)

It's been done before. The tire will just be wrapped up to the lip of the rim rightly. If you get near a curb, kiss your rim goodbye.

You could always get the 17x9's, keep your 245's and then next time around get the proper 275/40/17's

Well I ordered some 17x8 rims from ford racing and some black lug nuts now my last concern is if my tires are going to be damaged at all when they take them off and switch them out on the non-warped rims. Supposively the rims I'm riding on right now are pretty bad according to the tire shop that wants to fix my 3 rims for $600.

Supposively the rims I'm riding on right now are pretty bad according to the tire shop that wants to fix my 3 rims for $600.

Take some pics of these bad rims. I find it funny they want $600 to FIX 3 bad rims that can be bought for $100 each brand new.

To answer your question. No, the tires will not be damaged. They can be swapped over and rebalanced without any effect at all.

To answer your question. No, the tires will not be damaged. They can be swapped over and rebalanced without any effect at all.

...and if they tell you otherwise, take them someplace else. I find it a little shady that they didn't inform you that new rims could be bought for less than the price they wanted to fix the old ones.

.....be weary. :nonono: