So, I Really Want This Style Steering Wheel.,,..nevermind Bought A Mono

• Sponsors (?)

This article is fresh in my mind and I believe that is a Monte Carlo I was drooling over

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mump-0601-1989-ford-mustang-saleen/

It may be. That article is in the saleen book

But real saleen's (who knows with a 1 of 1 car) did get the veloce, I knew most got it, but i'm pretty sure all did.

http://scoatalk.saleenclubofamerica.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=14517
Scroll down a bit, you'll find it.
A lot of other good interesting info there.

Veloce's come up on ebay from time to time, found a few but all needed recovering which would have cost double in the end of a monte carlo.
It wasn't a saleen only wheel, it's just what they used.

Reactions: 1 user
I always liked this Momo wheel. Reminds me of old classic Mustangs. Dont have any good pics, but I had it in my '95 right before I sold it.

DSCN0998.jpg

So ironically right after I get my Momo wheel installed, I find this locally. Pretty good shape, although not the exact style I am seeking.

IMG_2581.JPG

Will be a wall hanger. No way am I replacing my Momo setup for that wheel now
IMG_2499.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
I'm late to the party, but I like your choice. I have one of the wheels you were looking for, picked it up on Ebay years back, but I like that Momo way better. While the SVO/GT style is a little more appealing than your stock wheel, it still feels like a huge 80's steering wheel. I'm going to run mine for awhile but I know I'll want something with a better "feel" to it down the road. One thing that drives me nuts is that the wheel doesn't seem to be perfectly round. When I spin it you can see the edge of the wheel doesn't spin in a perfect circle. I don't know if the wheel is bent or if it just isn't mounted perfectly in the center, but whatever. Long story short, I like the look of older OEM stuff, but I bet that Momo feels like a dream in your hands.
yGAtgGE1vnK8e6QYKTmZS5371oBbonQbvz0SiDv4WOLFdfeDDOFBGKTX7ri-Q4X_UvLRdCnIFvsXfZL8BL=w1689-h950-no.jpg

I'm late to the party, but I like your choice. I have one of the wheels you were looking for, picked it up on Ebay years back, but I like that Momo way better. While the SVO/GT style is a little more appealing than your stock wheel, it still feels like a huge 80's steering wheel. I'm going to run mine for awhile but I know I'll want something with a better "feel" to it down the road. One thing that drives me nuts is that the wheel doesn't seem to be perfectly round. When I spin it you can see the edge of the wheel doesn't spin in a perfect circle. I don't know if the wheel is bent or if it just isn't mounted perfectly in the center, but whatever. Long story short, I like the look of older OEM stuff, but I bet that Momo feels like a dream in your hands.
yGAtgGE1vnK8e6QYKTmZS5371oBbonQbvz0SiDv4WOLFdfeDDOFBGKTX7ri-Q4X_UvLRdCnIFvsXfZL8BL=w1689-h950-no.jpg

Do you still have this wheel? Interested in selling?

So I love my Momo, but I had to take it off to adjust its position. I threw the wheel I had on just to see.

I still like this wheel, but prefer the GT version over the LX version. The spoke seems thin.

IMG_3299.JPG

This wheel is mint though. 9 out of 10 condition. I have a few eBay alerts out for the GT version just to stash it away. I mint one popped up with a BIN for $250+ and sold within a day or so. Crazy

Reactions: 1 user