So my wife drives a mountaineer......

BKilla_13

Jan 25, 2010
So my wife drives a 2000 mountaineer and I was talking about stealing her heads and intake from her and she said that I couldnt. However I couldnt help but to wonder if I could pull off the swap without her noticing. How would my heads off my 95 feel on there? Is it even possible to just swap the heads without changing anything else? And most importantly could I do this and still consider myself a moral person.

• Sponsors (?)

The fact that you are asking if you would still be a moral person if you do the swap, should already provide you with the answer to the question. My guess is she would not know the difference from the old "butt meter" but may notice the difference from a visual standpoint, if she is the type that notices details under the hood. If to her an engine is and engine, then outside of your moral delima, there should not be a problem. This is based of the asumption that she does not drive the Mountineer at WOT.

My suggestion: Go to a junk yard and get a set of 5.0 heads and headers and dont spend twice the headache and dont upset the other half.

Better to sleep on the roof of your house then inside with a quarreling wife.

My suggestion: Go to a junk yard and get a set of 5.0 heads and headers and dont spend twice the headache and dont upset the other half.

Better to sleep on the roof of your house then inside with a quarreling wife.

You are probably right but man its so tempting, and not just about the HP I think I naturally like to get away with things.

So my wife drives a 2000 mountaineer and I was talking about stealing her heads and intake from her and she said that I couldnt. However I couldnt help but to wonder if I could pull off the swap without her noticing. How would my heads off my 95 feel on there? Is it even possible to just swap the heads without changing anything else? And most importantly could I do this and still consider myself a moral person.

Hahahaha boy I thougth about the samething doing that to my brothers truck (1997 Ford explorer). He has no clue what a engine is and wouldn't have noticed a thing. Anyway I decided not do it for moral reasons and he wrecked the truck a week later. lol just my luck. Just thought that was a funny story. :)

You can pick up the heads now for $200 and an intake for $100. $300 you can take your time with the swap and not worry about turning the mountaineer into a torqueless wonder.

Yeah I am not going to do it, part of the reason is I like the power of her truck. It is a lot more fun to drive than my big ol' burban and I drive her truck a lot. However if the day comes where she decides to sell it and I dont have heads on my car, well you know where this is going. Maybe I am a less than moral person, I might need to work on this.:nonono: