So now my car gets to be beat by a domestic V-6? Dang

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, the new V6 is definately impressive. As an even bigger kick in the nuts, gets 30+ mpg on the highway. The cars are a little heavier than yours, and make a little bit less torque, but I expect they'll be about as quick as a stock PI in the quarter.

I'm just happy that ford is producing some advanced modern engines. That will make them very competitive for years to come. Also, we all know that EPA mileage requirements will increase soon, and this is hope that we can progress torwards these high mpg requirements and still have reasonably good power.

You might be surprised how much torque it has. These engines have a pretty high compression ratio, which really helps out torque. It is rated at 280ft*lbs while a stock PI is rated 302 ft*lbs. That's a pretty small difference.

Yea but its still gonna sound like ****, plus give drive-train loss and i imagine they have a considerable amount of less torque, id say a pi gt would edge one...

I'll wait to see some real-world dyno results before I start forming an opinion about how they perform.

The factory crank HP rating may be higher, but they'll never have the TQ of a V8 and they weigh significantly more.

Take the 300+HP V6 Camaro's for example, they're supposed to have 300HP too but are complete dogs (and sound like ass)

I looked up some specs for new camaros, and yes the V6 does have 300hp, but it weighs over 3700lbs!!!! What I found said 14.5@99mpg. The specs ford has releases shows the V6 mustang weighing "under 3500lbs". So maybe 14.3@101mph for the mustang? Sounds pretty competitive to a PI mustang to me, and would be a drivers race.

As for those not happy their V8s make less power... get over it. There have been factory stock 4cyls making 300hp for a long time already. Who cares?