Sold my Paxton - what now?

• Sponsors (?)

Im curious about what groverdill said about needing less gears. I have 3.73 but, I have not finished my turbo install yet so. I was wondering, do you mean 4.10 gears or 3.08 gears would have been a better choice? I will be running a 2 step so I will actually start building a little boost on the line. thanks for the tips

I have 3.27's in my turbo car and it makes boost almost off idle. (making boost is more a function of the cam, cubes and a/r housing over gears) The lower gears put a load on the turbo so it is in the powerband longer. 373's would rev out of the powerband too fast. I know I am not explaning this very well so lets wait till a more savvy turbo guy responds.

When the car was S trim the 373s were fine, going turbo the builder told me if I didnt change gears I would not like the car at all.

damn that's a bad decision! don't do it!

It's really not. I miss driving my car whenever I wanted. Turbo's have their place, and I won't deny the power band is way more fun than any centri blower.
But there is a reason that you see 100 guys running an S-trim and maybe 10 a turbo setup.

Oh, and Cobra, I sent you an email. But it looks like you won't be needing to bother with it. Haha.

It's really not. I miss driving my car whenever I wanted. Turbo's have their place, and I won't deny the power band is way more fun than any centri blower.
But there is a reason that you see 100 guys running an S-trim and maybe 10 a turbo setup.

Oh, and Cobra, I sent you an email. But it looks like you won't be needing to bother with it. Haha.

whats the complaint? bad tune or something? You have an on3 dont ya?

A combination of things. I've gone through 2 sets of head gaskets since the install. I know there is an underlying problem to that. But it doesn't help my motivation. Lol

All the heat under the hood, limited air filter space, exhaust leaks, burning plug wires. I know I'll just enjoy the car more with H/C/I for now and then throw an s trim on it next year or something.

aahh sorry dude, thanks anyways but i never got the mail. had to act quick on the one I bought. You'll have no problem selling your kit, all the hard work is already done!

Actually a guy over on Corral. Crappy part is the hit on shipping sending it from the west coast to the east cost. Oh well.

I'm thinking the Trick flow top end kit. Would there be that much more for me to gain piedcing something together?

I know I'll just enjoy the car more with H/C/I for now and then throw an s trim on it next year or something.

thats exactly what i use.. you will like it. i had a turbo kit, and you among several others locally are the reason i sold it.

picked up 140 hp/115 tq on just 7 lb's with my 302. still drive it alot (when its not on jackstands without a transmission :mad:) and it drives the same as it did NA.

thats exactly what i use.. you will like it. i had a turbo kit, and you among several others locally are the reason i sold it.

picked up 140 hp/115 tq on just 7 lb's with my 302. still drive it alot (when its not on jackstands without a transmission :mad:) and it drives the same as it did NA.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about your car when you were driving it around earlier this winter. That's when I started considering selling the kit.

yeah i couldnt have asked for a much smoother transition. my car was down for like 2-3 days for the blower swap. drove up and got a tune, been fun ever since.

it doesnt make giant hp numbers, but it gets the job done :D

justin already has a room full of sex swings and barbed leather ball gags with andy. i think he is too busy to join.