Solid mounts + MAC longtubes = FIT?

Hey guys...doing my own exhaust swap with the car jacked up in my driveway. PITA but....no choice. Anyway, I've got a D&D tubular K-member set up which is "supposed" to give more room to work down there...and I also noticed there were no motor mounts...just two flat metal brackets bolted to the K-member. Can I throw some poly-urethane mounts up under there to get a little more clearance? Also...I've got major steering column rubbing issued with the SALEEN shorties on there now....will the same problem occur with the bigger FATTER longtubes? Last...heard of problems with the O2 sensor wires and longtubes....supposed to be an alternate routing of the wires to get them to reach...anyone? Thanks in advance for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

mint93GT said:
Hey guys...doing my own exhaust swap with the car jacked up in my driveway. PITA but....no choice. Anyway, I've got a D&D tubular K-member set up which is "supposed" to give more room to work down there...and I also noticed there were no motor mounts...just two flat metal brackets bolted to the K-member. Can I throw some poly-urethane mounts up under there to get a little more clearance? Also...I've got major steering column rubbing issued with the SALEEN shorties on there now....will the same problem occur with the bigger FATTER longtubes? Last...heard of problems with the O2 sensor wires and longtubes....supposed to be an alternate routing of the wires to get them to reach...anyone? Thanks in advance for the help.
UMM, NO MOTOR MOUNTS? sounds like you could get some clearance by installing the motor correctly. Even with the tubular you should still have a motor mount. I have got to see this. What bolts to the block? You mean the engine is bolted directly to the k member? I must be misunderstanding this post. Am I missing something??? :bang:

I could be misleading...there is a metal bracket that bolts to the block...and is the same bracket that is bolted to the K-member.....this could be a "solid motor mount"..I don't know because I have never seen one before...or paid attention to what they look like. Being how the angles are all wrong I'm pretty sure it is impossible to bolt the engine directly to the K-member. I'll go take a picture of it and post it...so we can be clear. Just for the sake of etting answers. Let's assume for the time being they are solid motor mounts in place.....does the rest of my questions make sense?