Some exhaust welding help needed

It prolly killed some mice out in California one day so they banned it, you know ;)
Cause Mice Lives Matter :scratch:
Tree hugger :poo:.... I went to parts store to buy wax and grease remover for a paint project... Its gone, NY banned it seems NJ retail stores just dropped it. Heard there banning oil based paints to wtf, can't even buy rustolem cans soon.. I had to get it from body shop my brother works at and holly chit that price doubled.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

This look ok people? Left the rear bumper off so I can wash the rear of the car before I reinstall it. Now if I can get the car back on the ground so I can back it out to wash ...... Need to weld the hangers on to the mufflers/pipes.... Been too hot to work on... If my welding ability allows, I might take off the clamp style hangers, from the transmission mount, and use some weld on to clean it up...
DSCF1483.JPG
DSCF1484.JPG
DSCF1485.JPG

Lmfao I can order it, but it's $250 to ship it ground rest of the places I can find it online lists it $40 bucks a gallon now, but didn't check shipping. Man prep all was the :poo: for degreasing. Is the shipping nuts for anyone not it a ban happy state?

I'm in Florida (which I consider a not-ban-happy state), and the shipping was also $250!

Just me but the tips look like they will be hanging down much lower than the rear bumper cover. The bottom of the tank can be seen below an LX bumper cover so for me I would want the turn downs just below the bottom of the bumper cover line of sight wise. Then again I am used to LX tips on an LX so anything hanging down below the bumper cover is just different.

Just me but the tips look like they will be hanging down much lower than the rear bumper cover. The bottom of the tank can be seen below an LX bumper cover so for me I would want the turn downs just below the bottom of the bumper cover line of sight wise. Then again I am used to LX tips on an LX so anything hanging down below the bumper cover is just different.
I " hope " that they will not stick out the back very far so they will not be as noticeable ...... Like on my old Dodge..
DSCF0941.JPG

Last edited:
If you keep those muffler clamps on I would turn them so the nut/threads point to the out side, you'd be surprised at what will catch on them nuts/threads.
Do you mean the ones in the front? Cannot adjust those as the hangers come down from the transmission hanger mount and only attach one way..

If your doing flux core.... Switch to mig wire, co2 bottles are cheap and all ways someone selling an old one with gas probably stolen from pepsi or coke just need a $15 adapter Fitting lol.... Co2 is fine for exhaust and sheet metal.

If your doing flux core.... Switch to mig wire, co2 bottles are cheap and all ways someone selling an old one with gas probably stolen from pepsi or coke just need a $15 adapter Fitting lol.... Co2 is fine for exhaust and sheet metal.
I am, thanx for the idea.... No gas due to the ridiculous price of the first bottle...
Pleasantly surprised so far with my machine using 030 flux core wire... No splatter or mess sofar.... The machine I have has a button for flux, then you plug the grounding cable into a different spot... ... I purchased the correct tip cover for flux too.....

All we have is air gas here and they are a pita to refill, they sold me my old Hobart and a owner bottle of c25. I fill that so infrequent they give me :poo: about owner bottles every time I deal with them. Place changed hands under air gas and every time they try to hand off a rental bottle and claim I don't own mine or they have no records, anything they can to avoid filling it since I won't sign up for rentals.. So I do most stuff with pure c02 now.

I got my gas bottle here filled and shipped.

Bought an 80cf cylinder and that was enough to do my frame rails, subframe connectors, weld in my rear 3-point shoulder belt mounts, my exhaust, and a few other misc household welding projects. It's still got plenty of gas for more welding so not sure when i'll need another. I need to use my welder this coming weekend as well, so I'm certainly still using it.

Airgas is a PITA to deal with for same reasons Rednotch mentioned. I don't have a commercial account and don't want to open one. They also won't refill mine and I don't want to swap my new bottle for a rental.

It's $240-290 for a filled 40/60/80 cf bottle shipped. Could probably recoop some money selling the new bottle locally. Sucks because a refill is what? $40 or so? I just can't find someone willing to do it however...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Isn't the rear of the car an lx? If so, why the turn downs?
The best thing about lx's are the tailpipes, there may not be another muscle car in existence with tailpipes that looks right as they do on an lx foxbody.

• PlusOne
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Try to weld the hangers so that the muffler and pipe assembly is balanced. If you dont, and they are separate pipes like mine it can make aligning and bolting the header flanges a real pita.

• Agree
Isn't the rear of the car an lx? If so, why the turn downs?
The best thing about lx's are the tailpipes, there may not be another muscle car in existence with tailpipes that looks right as they do on an lx foxbody.
The " one into two" stock exhaust was completely rotted out... Other than that not sure what you mean?