some minor mods on the way

well, i had some money to put into some mods before i move onto suspension/engine parts.

with about 135ish to spend, i wanted to do some minor odds and ends to my car to personalize it a bit.

i plan on getting a shorty antenna (14in), new shifter, and smoked tailights.

should i smoke or black out the tailights? and white or black ball shifter knob?

any help / criticism is appreciated, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The appearance mods are purely up to you, its your car. I don't think you are going to get a shifter for 135, unless you mean just the knob. Just look around old threads for pictures and find things that you like. One mod I did for pretty cheap was to paint the fake gas cap on the trunklid flat black, I did not like the chrome.

One mod I did for pretty cheap was to paint the fake gas cap on the trunklid flat black, I did not like the chrome.

I don't like the bright and shiny chrome either! I did away with my OEM rear medalion quite some time ago. I first swapped it out for a brushed aluminum piece, but then grew tired of that and swapped again for black! That look suits both me and my car perfect:nice: I also went with the smoked tint on the tail lights to get rid of the bright and shiny red. That made them much more subdued and also helped the look of the car:D
3965775625_038f4ca1d7_b.jpg

I don't like the bright and shiny chrome either! I did away with my OEM rear medalion quite some time ago. I first swapped it out for a brushed aluminum piece, but then grew tired of that and swapped again for black! That look suits both me and my car perfect:nice: I also went with the smoked tint on the tail lights to get rid of the bright and shiny red. That made them much more subdued and also helped the look of the car:D
3965775625_038f4ca1d7_b.jpg

how does that tint work? i want to get smoked tail lights but i thought i should go with a whole new assembly instead of the tint because i thought the tint might be hard to apply and not look good.

how does that tint work? i want to get smoked tail lights but i thought i should go with a whole new assembly instead of the tint because i thought the tint might be hard to apply and not look good.

Good question. Ditto

How about a close up of the rear medalion? I am liking what you have going there. I too want to eliminate all chrome from my car.

patrick

Okay try this first. I bought some off ebay for like 10 dollars for the tint. I wanted to know if I liked it or not before I spent a lot of money. It comes with tint for both rear lights and the 3rd brake light. Its really simple to install it takes some soapy water and a credit card or something like that. The good thing about it is if you like it keep it on and you can always buy the smoked lights later or have it professionally tinted, or if you dont like it, peal it off and you waste a whole 10 bucks. I put them on in like 30 minutes (doing it carefully) and I was planning on taking them off and getting it done for real but I get nothing but compliments ALL the time about them,, they arent too dark like you see on some cars, they dont stick out like the covers do, and like I said everyone says they look great and I love them. I would definately try this out at least first. Heres some pics of before and after and with it all done

Again186.jpg

Again190.jpg

Again193.jpg

blaaah173-1.jpg

Let me know and I can find the info from the company that I bought it from

getting the lights professionally tinted isn't the cheapest route, but it definitely looks the best. Make sure it gets done at a very good place that will tint them right, and will buff the final product for a good finish. Some taillights require alot of sanding and prep to remove casting imperfections, but mustang taillights are very good from the factory and don't require much prep before tint.
I did mine at 402 motoring where I work.
5.jpg

4.jpg

I've got my tails medium tinted, with my 3rd brake light and sidemarkers dark.

'Jim

Mine were tinted by a pro and cost $90. Not the cheapest route, but cheaper than the $150 set of smoked tails from AM. The tint is done with three seperate pieces on each side and it only covers the flat part of the lens. There are no corners or edges to go around. He used a heat gun to help mold them to the slight contour of the lens. I don't have any good closeup pics of them or the medalion yet, but I can wash it and take some pics tomorrow and post back later in the day:nice:

well, i had some money to put into some mods before i move onto suspension/engine parts.

with about 135ish to spend, i wanted to do some minor odds and ends to my car to personalize it a bit.

i plan on getting a shorty antenna (14in), new shifter, and smoked tailights.

should i smoke or black out the tailights? and white or black ball shifter knob?

any help / criticism is appreciated, thanks!

360tuners still has front smoked, clear and a combo smoke/clear front parking/signal lights for $20. I have a set on my wife's car. Well made, easy install.

getting the lights professionally tinted isn't the cheapest route, but it definitely looks the best. Make sure it gets done at a very good place that will tint them right, and will buff the final product for a good finish. Some taillights require alot of sanding and prep to remove casting imperfections, but mustang taillights are very good from the factory and don't require much prep before tint.
I did mine at 402 motoring where I work.
5.jpg

4.jpg

I've got my tails medium tinted, with my 3rd brake light and sidemarkers dark.

'Jim

I like the gray panel between your lights, good look !