Someone help me with 67 motor mounts

pyroman

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
Ennis, Texas
OK, i started dropping my 302 in today and everything was going smoothly until I went to bolt in the motor mounts. I spent the entire day trying to line these suckers up but to no avail they just don't seem to fit. I thought the trans mount might be giving me issues (it was totally gone) but even after I removed it I still couldn't get them to line up. The mounts I bought were some cheapies from Oreillys. The holes just don't line up correctly. After doing some internet searching I've found that the 67 mounts were unique??

For the purpose of this thread when I say 'motor mount' I'm refering to the rubber mount that bolts to the block and when I say 'motor bracket' I'm refering to the metal brackets that bolt to the chassis. I'm not sure if thats the correct terminology correct me if I'm wrong.

So am I doing something wrong? Are the mounts wrong? What do I need/what should I do?

Please help :)

• Sponsors (?)

Ok after doing a little more reading I understand that difference is because of the frame mounts or as I called it earlier motor bracket. So the easiest way to do this would be to use a 68 and up frame bracket and then use the cheapie motor mounts I already have? Anyone got some 68 frame brackets they want to sell??

I'm open to other suggestions.

Ok after doing a little more reading I understand that difference is because of the frame mounts or as I called it earlier motor bracket. So the easiest way to do this would be to use a 68 and up frame bracket and then use the cheapie motor mounts I already have? Anyone got some 68 frame brackets they want to sell??

I'm open to other suggestions.

Jeepers, just drill a coule of holes and you're done. This pattern was traced off of actual 67 and 68 brackets:

MotorMount-1.jpg

The motor in my car was put in about 4 years ago. I noticed the other day that the frame mounts are only attached by the lower bolts. The uppers did not line up and I forgot to redrill for the other bolt. While I don't recommend it, mine have been tested to over 500hp and well over 500tq. I am going to fix it before upping the power more.