Soon to be New 07 Owner

Riggs

Mar 31, 2005
Linden, NJ
Well after a few years of saving and wondering what kind of Mustang to get I finally decided on Saturday to get a 2007 Alloy Metallic Pony Package V6 with a 5 Speed. The dealer will hopefully swap with another dealer tomorrow and by Wednesday the dealer told me I should be good to go. So naturally I am very excited and I get to have a pony to sit along my 1967 Mustang 289 V8. This 07 I do plan to modify and my first modification will probably be a T-lok from Ford Racing. My question is though, what else is needed to install the T-lok? Do i need more than just the T-lok itself or will I need a bearing kit with gaskets? The reason I ask is because I see a bunch of kits on RPMOutlet.com. Also does anyone know a good installation place in Northern NJ?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry can't answer the question you asked but congrats anyway. You know the day you buy the car you get better looking by the minute... to chicks...oh wait hope your not a chick well if you are.... girls always look better in stangs!!!

Okay I know it is a V6 and 60% of V6 drivers are female, but I am a male and I just love the pony package, no offense to the GT people but I'm not a fan of the large fog lights, I like the small ones on the V6, looks like a 65-68 GT grill. Plus I wanted an 07 to be along side my 67 in the garage. Anyway I plan on doing a few things to this car nothing too much, but i think a Tlok will definitely be my first mod, all mustangs should come with one as far as I am concerned.

dont let anyone discourage you. if you perfer the look of the pony package and are not too concerned about needing the V8, then get the V6. nothing wrong with buying the car that fits your needs.

i am with you. i prefer the look of the pony package grille and fogs over the GT. i also like the new flat spoilers they use on the V6.

get the car that you like. afterall, you will be the one driving it everyday. :nice:

Th v8 isn't for everyone. Some people are into speed, some are into looks. I like both but if I didn'tlike fast cars, I would still buy a Stang cause they're gorgeous. Buy the car you like, and congrats in advance!!!

Congrats on the car!

I too bought a 2007 pony package. I use it for my daily Driver, and for that it is great. It does lack a little power compared to the 01 GT I traded in, but it is still fun to drive. And besides, I have a 1966 mustang with a bored and stroked 302 in the garage that more than makes up for not having a GT!:D

As for some of the comments about the V6, well some people were born a little short on tact. Enjoy your new car!

If yu dont like the foglights then get a grill kit and eliminate them for 120 bucks. you have a V8 289, and then wuss out with the V6? come on man.

I don't think getting the v6 is a "wuss out" at all.
Its just a smarter decision, IMO. A base GT costs more than $5K more than the v6 especially w/ the new pony package discount. That doesnt include the insurance and gas savings as well. The v6 has a good aftermarket following and is plenty fast for most people in stock form.
Also the v6 is more comparable to his 289 which was ~200hp and was a step down from the 390 v8.

I also own an 07 with the Pony Pkg. mine is black on black with tinted windows all around. I don't like those gaudy big lights in the GT either. I get a lot of head turns when I roll by. BTW my first stang was a 1971 notch w/302. 210hp 2bbl carb. this 210 v-6 would probably eat my old stang in power and performance

Great comments from all.... I love a Mustang Love Feast irregardless of engine platform. As for the T-lock. This would be one of the first modifications I would have made if I would have kept the six long enough to expense the mod.

I would contact Rygenstormlok concerning which locker to obtain for the six. NEVER apologize. Some of the gentlemen on here have worked on a specific resolution to their rear axle and have obtained outstanding outcomes. NEVER apologize for your choice of engine platform. There are many V-8 owners out there that are behind the times in modulated engine technology. Enjoy the opportunity of what can be.

congrats first of all! you will be stroking the payment and you do what you like, just remember this saying "shoulda coulda woulda" 4th of july sale is coming and they are willing to give a good deal that day..i don't know what the v6 gonna cost, but if you can spend that much for a v6 i'm sure can a little more for a v8...

just my opinion...have fun buying!

I rented a V6. It convinced me to trade my fox body for the s197. I'm a bit of a power pig because I learned to drive on a '73 Impala with a 400 engine and also drove a '79 Trans Am outfitted with an Olds 403. I've been an 8 cylinder aficianado since.

I do think the V6 has a more attractive front end (in plain form w/o Pony). The GT has a mean look and the big fog lights are great for a geezer with night visison that's not what it used to be.

If you have the 215 tires with 16" rims, may I suggest upgrading to 17s with fatter tires. (Does the Pony have 17s as part of the pkg?) The V6 I rented felt like it was going to slip out from under me.

Congrats

What "July 4" sale? I can tell you that choices for Mustangs are already limited. It took my dealer three days to find a new 2007 GT in the color I wanted with the wheels and other options. Wait a week or two and I believe you will be taking leftovers.
For those wondering, I just went from a V6 to a V8. The difference in insurance cost? $100 per year.
Now the difference in cost of the cars is another matter. My new GT, torch red with crimson red interior, has a sticker of $31,270. (I didn't pay that) That's more than $7,000 more than I paid for my 2005 V6.
I love all Mustangs. I'd have bought a Shelby if a could have gotten a good enough deal.
Mustangs forever!!!!!

What "July 4" sale? I can tell you that choices for Mustangs are already limited. It took my dealer three days to find a new 2007 GT in the color I wanted with the wheels and other options. Wait a week or two and I believe you will be taking leftovers.
For those wondering, I just went from a V6 to a V8. The difference in insurance cost? $100 per year.
Now the difference in cost of the cars is another matter. My new GT, torch red with crimson red interior, has a sticker of $31,270. (I didn't pay that) That's more than $7,000 more than I paid for my 2005 V6.
I love all Mustangs. I'd have bought a Shelby if a could have gotten a good enough deal.
Mustangs forever!!!!!

congrats, stan! i have been trying to tell everone for the past 2.5 years that the insurance cost is not usually a big difference in the S197s. im glad you were finally able to buy the car you have been looking for at a great price. congrats again! :cheers:

It helps that I am 54 and have a perfect driving record. I took the car on a long drive today. Man, is it sweet. I am going to have to watch it. The car has so much power than the V6 that keeping under the speed limit is going to be a problem. Maybe I need a hidden radar detector.
I can only say again that if anyone is considering a 2007, you need to be looking. Choices are getting slim.

Congrats on your purchase Riggs:nice: I don't mind people buying the V6 models at all. Infact, if it weren't for people like you, there might not be a Mustang around today. I have already changed my fender emblems over to the one from the Pony Package and I also plan on getting a billet grill that eliminates the fogs(hopefully will get the Roush bumper some day that has fogs.The S197s are awesome looking cars and the engine under the hood affects that in no shape or form!

Man, is it sweet. I am going to have to watch it. The car has so much power than the V6 that keeping under the speed limit is going to be a problem. Maybe I need a hidden radar detector.

Get an aftermarket exhaust and it will help remind you that you're going faster than you should...even at 30 MPH:D