Source for fan needed....

Just a quickie...does anyone know a source for an actual 2 speed radiator fan for the 94-95 cars? All the local part stores I checked only have single speed fans and I don't want to massage my tweecer settings to just have the fan blast at one speed under one condition (essentially the fan would be on at all times when driving). Anyone run into this situation??

Thanks for any info....

• Sponsors (?)

AznStanger3v said:
why not run it on high speed all the time? you arent hurting anything.

Hi AznStanger3v.

I am sure I can tweek the settings on the eec to turn on the fan (single high speed fan) when the low speed fans "should" come on. I just haven't found the threshold yet. It is ect and mph(constant) based. I'll have to research this, but I do like the idea of some supplementary cooling at low speed as that is when it is the most important (stop and go traffic). I am going to shoot a question over to tuning to get some answers....thanks.:nice:

Low speed should come on at around 208*F and it shuts off at about 47 MPH IIRC, right?

I think I remember posting on your thread on the Corral (that was you Phil, no?) and inquiring about this supposed "plug and play" one speed fan. It didn't sit well with me either.

For simplicity, I wonder if you can wire the single speed fan up to the high speed fan terminal (so the AC turns the fan on) and simply run the high speed temp threshold down to whatever temp you like (I.e., I like having mine set to keep the car at 185*F). Can you turn off the low speed fan function inside the EEC (with your tuner)?

If the fan motor is LLT, who cares if your run the snot out of it and have to warranty it out, ya know.