Spark Plug Gap Question

Casey2552

Sep 16, 2013
Taylor,mi
Hi first post , I have a 1990 notch with ford racing motor with gt40 y303 heads , e303 cam , gt40 intake , 70 mm tb,prom mass air meter , 24lb injectors , egr was removed by previous owner , I installed a simulator on egr plug that did take care of alot of codes and turned engine light off my question is what should spark plug gap be , it idles pretty firm no surging but motor seem to jump all over with alot of shaking that runs through hole body , could this just be how the e303 cam idles all thaughts appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 188
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks I suspected that the hole time but I guess I told myself it should work I cleaned it lol , I'm just Gona replace it and go from there , in the process right now of undercoating with 3m rubberized undercoating any one have any good or bad things to say about undercoating

My IAC sticks alittle too, I need to just buy a shiny one from Mike. Another way to to test in a manual car, is to put it in 1st gear and gain slow speed to 2500rpm and put in in nuetral and coast. Your sticky IAC should raise its ugly head and hover around 1200-1300-ish. My parking deck reminds me daily of my sticky one. Already got my gasket just lazy right now :rolleyes:

Spark plug gap is mostly dependant on ignition if you do not have a power adder or nitrous. On a stock N/A engine, there is no reason to reduce gap. The stock gap is 0.054".

hanging idle could be dirth 10-pin connectors on back of intake.