Spark Plugs/gap

navarro98gt

May 15, 2003
chicago, IL
So what kind of plugs and gap are you guys using on your PI headswaped cars? I did the plugs when I did the swap 2 years ago but can't remember what type of plugs and what gap I used. I stupid for not righting it down.

So what kind of plugs are you guys running? And @ what gap?

• Sponsors (?)

since we on spark plug threat, what is best spark plug wire , im thinking running motocraft spark plug, what is best spark plug wire that go with it ? thanks

since we on spark plug threat, what is best spark plug wire , im thinking running motocraft spark plug, what is best spark plug wire that go with it ? thanks

Killa, I'm running Taylor 10.4mm race wires. I'm thinking about switching them out for FRPP 9mm wires when I change out my plugs. I'm just trying to figure out what plugs to go with.

FRPP ?? I alway stick with factory plug on any car.

I'm afraid you don't know what FRPP stands for. (Ford racing perf. parts)

Original factory plugs aren't always good. In our cars Ford installs platinum tipped plugs which is great for longevity, but not good for performance. What you want is a copper tipped plug, which is actually cheaper than the platinum stuff.

I'm afraid you don't know what FRPP stands for. (Ford racing perf. parts)

Original factory plugs aren't always good. In our cars Ford installs platinum tipped plugs which is great for longevity, but not good for performance. What you want is a copper tipped plug, which is actually cheaper than the platinum stuff.

Yep.....
I just installed the coppers on my 2003 and while I don't notice any difference, they are a heck of a lot cheaper.
FWIW after 30k the stock platinums looked brand new.
They will go back after the copper has had 30k on them.

so ford racing spark plug wire is best for our 4.6 sohc ? what copper spark plug that you guy talking about ? motor craft plug cost me 2.99 each ( that is stock heat range ).

I thought that the NGK iridium spark plug or else the double platinum was the best plug? what do you guys think.

Marketing at it's best. :rolleyes:

Copper is the best conductor of electricity (second to silver). Therefore, you get more bang for the buck with a cheap $1.99 copper plug than you do with triple-diple super 5-prong platnium iridiated radioactive plugs or whatever they are selling these days