Speaker Location Help on 87 GT Convertible

I have an 87 GT Convertible and bought the install kit for the wiring and found that the kid connects but then after looking closer realized the wires on the car side aren't the same as the kit says. So this lead me to believe that this may actually be a 6 speaker system with the factory amp? At this point I went online and looked up the speaker sizes because I figured I would just run new wires and if I'm going to have it tore apart anyways why not replace all the speakers as well. From what I researched it said that I should have 3.5" in the dash corners (which looks to be right), 6.5" in the doors (again looks right) and then 6x8 in the rear (heres where I'm confused)... I have not taken anything apart in the rear yet, but I don't see anything physically in the rear seat area that would point to where the speakers should be located.

Is it possible this is a 4 speaker system with only speakers in the dash and doors, or am I just not seeing the speakers in the back? I just don't want to tare the whole thing apart to find out that these didn't have speakers in the rear after all... This is my first mustang of any sort and also my first convertible so its throwning me a few curve balls in comparison to the Camaros that I'm use to.

If anyone can help me with speaker locations, and/or wiring points of view that I might not be seeing I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

• Sponsors (?)