Spec or Centerforce dual friction???

• Sponsors (?)

I got a spec stage 1 and couldn't ask for a better clutch. Its grab and go baby.

They guys at the performance dyno shop in town told me the dual friction clutch work really well but dont last as long as spec. :shrug: So I went with longetivity.

The guy that told me that has a 580hp 95 TA and said his Centerforce lasted about 6 months while his spec has been in for 2 years and counting.

1993SSP said:
The car is a weekend car but I dont want a clutch that will break my leg the whole time I drive it. Can the centerforce take a good amount of abuse??

Oh yeah, the same as the Spec 2.

I have a centerforce and love the pedal feel. Cousin had the dual friction...loved it, as well as I.

You won't regret it...promise.

My last clutch was a spec stg 2. It was a little on the heavy side as far as the pedal feel, and it was pretty grabby. But it held fine behind my supercharged 308. My current clutch is a McLeod Dual Performance disc with a King Cobra pressure plate that I got from D&D Performance. I'm much happier with my current set-up. Light pedal and not nearly as grabby.

try modularmustangracing.com. They have a RBT 700 that will hold 700fwtq for $300. The owner of the shop was the first guy to go 8.99 and 154mph in a 5 speed tremec.

I had a regular Centerforce behind a 347 stroker that lasted 40,000 miles and many 15mph to the floor stomps that left those tires smoking.

either go RBT 700 or Centerforce DF.

i had a centerforce and hated it, and i drove a spec stage 3 a week ago and it was amazing... very on/offish though, i almost crashed my brothers car when i first pulled out of my driveway but i cought it. Id definately say spec