Electrical Speed density to mass air

I was just wondering if there was a chip or a tune and chip that I can use in place of getting a mass air flow sensor, computer, and harness? Being that it’s hard to find a computer, and I currently have 19lb injectors, but I want to upgrade to 24’s in the future and don’t want to buy another mass airflow, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you can get a chip and have the car tuned for 24# injectors, or ditch the factory ECU and go with a microsquirt/megasquirt. It may be cheaper though to go with the factory mass air stuff though in the long run. ALl depends on what extent of modifications you plan on doing

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the replies. I would like to go the cheapest route, run a mass air for 19’s then upgrade to 24’s when I work on the motor possibly stroke it to 347. I just can’t find the EEC’s anywhere for less than $300. How much would the cheapest tuner cost?

Here is a discussion on the sd and 24's, it's old but something to think about anyway, there are other threads about it too, I just googled (I am the 'official stangnet googler') 24lb injectors on speed density.
I'm sure others will chime in.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is a discussion on the sd and 24's, it's old but something to think about anyway, there are other threads about it too, I just googled (I am the 'official stangnet googler') 24lb injectors on speed density.
I'm sure others will chime in.
Ok I will check it out, thanks for the info guys!

Also once you get an A9L (if running a manual transmission) all you need are injectors that match the MAF, MAF ,A9l ,timing light, fuel presure gauge, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and you should be able to tune all you need with those simple items. My old fox with H/C/I 19# injectors made 301/328 to the wheels and the only thing i tuned with was what i listed above.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm trying to get some info on MAF for my 88 vert, 5.0 automatic, GT with 19 lb. Injectors. I'm trying to plan out the next project , now the the 5lug/disc project is on the road... So, my 1st step, putting MAF in the 88. Looking at Cold Air Intakes there seem to be a few different tube sizes, and MAF sizes. I realize that I need to match the injectors and tube size, which leads me to possibly picking up a used MAF, but I have some questions. What is the stock tube size? What donor car should I look for? Anything I should be asking about used that I don't know of (pretty much everything)
I have an A9P ECU and a 70 mm BBK TB (on the car now) with a stock air intake. I plan to pick up the MAF harness from LMR to make things easier for the install

For my 2nd step I also have a lower RF-F87E-9K461-BA and the matching "CA" upper manifolds as a reference (not sure if it impacts work done in the first step). I do understand that I don't need to swap out intake manifolds to swap in MAF, just putting context to what I'm thinking of doing. Step 1 and step 2 may not be too far apart depending on how things go.

Thoughts, insights?