Electrical Speed density to mass air

I'm trying to get some info on MAF for my 88 vert, 5.0 automatic, GT with 19 lb. Injectors. I'm trying to plan out the next project , now the the 5lug/disc project is on the road... So, my 1st step, putting MAF in the 88. Looking at Cold Air Intakes there seem to be a few different tube sizes, and MAF sizes. I realize that I need to match the injectors and tube size, which leads me to possibly picking up a used MAF, but I have some questions. What is the stock tube size? What donor car should I look for? Anything I should be asking about used that I don't know of (pretty much everything)
I have an A9P ECU and a 70 mm BBK TB (on the car now) with a stock air intake. I plan to pick up the MAF harness from LMR to make things easier for the install

For my 2nd step I also have a lower RF-F87E-9K461-BA and the matching "CA" upper manifolds as a reference (not sure if it impacts work done in the first step). I do understand that I don't need to swap out intake manifolds to swap in MAF, just putting context to what I'm thinking of doing. Step 1 and step 2 may not be too far apart depending on how things go.

Thoughts, insights?
Is there a reason why you want to swap to mass air,or just because?

• Sponsors (?)

Back to my questions, which after doing a bit more research.... If I buy a BBK or other off the shelf intake, it will fit 'cause it's made to fit. So that leave me with matching a used MAF to the 19lb injectors. What donor car should I look for? Anything that I should be aware of, what to look for etc?

Grab a 94-95 Mustang MAF, and an adapter. Will work with the 19# injectors, and with the adapter will fit the stock intake tube.

I used when I when I converted my '88 to MAF. Car runs (or ran) beautifully with that MAF and the A9L.

The physical difference is mass air has a meter in the air stream between the filter and the throttle body, speed density does not, now for the working difference in laymans terms, mass air, along with the bap sensor, measures in coming air as one of the parameters the computer uses to adjust a bunch of stuff like fuel, timing ect, when you are driving around, speed density uses a map (manifold absolute pressure) sensor hooked to the intake manifold by a vacuum line as one of the parameters to adjust fuel, timing ect.

Speed Density = Fuel trim is calculated based on manifold air pressure while engine runs. When engine is being started, a reading is taken to set a base point for atmospheric pressure. Some calculations later, the ECU can guess the volumn of air entering the engine.

Mass Air = Fuel trim is measured directly using a mass air meter and calculated against barometric pressure. Much more accurate.

Speed Density = Fuel trim is calculated based on manifold air pressure while engine runs. When engine is being started, a reading is taken to set a base point for atmospheric pressure. Some calculations later, the ECU can guess the volumn of air entering the engine.

Mass Air = Fuel trim is measured directly using a mass air meter and calculated against barometric pressure. Much more accurate.
mass air is much more accurate (true) or my explanation was less accurate (also true)?